Chapter 29

((The added picture is of the Elder! Hope you all enjoy this chapter :) ))

"513, please!" Yuzuki held her hands up, her palms facing her old cell mate. "I don't want to fight you!" Yuzuki stumbled backward as 513 neared her, maybe a foot away now.

JUMP BACK 513's weak voice sounded through her head.

Yuzuki responded thoughtlessly and leapt up just barely dodging an attack she had not even seen coming. As 513's fist hit the ground the arena floor shattered, a crater forming. 

"513?" Yuzuki whimpered as he looked back up at her his neck creaking metallically. He lunged at her again swinging wildly, and she ducked under his swing staring up at him in disbelief. She could see the metal sheen over his skin, wires protruding from his skin in seemingly random places. A hole opened in her chest as his eyes followed her movements emotionlessly.

"Do you like his upgrades? We worked very hard on him for a long time!" The Elders giddy voice came back over the air, but Yuzuki hardly noticed. Tears were forming in her eyes blurring her vision.

Cursing herself she scrambled backward trying to get out of his range as she whipped at her eyes. She was a split second too slow.

513 twisted his fist as it connected to her gut and she looked down her body going into shock instantly. Yuzuki looked up at 513 for a split second she saw the pain flicker in his eyes, before she was flung back crashing into the arena wall, and her vision dimmed to black.

"YUZUKI." Riki roared shaking the bars of the cage as 513 began strolling toward her. "Get up!!" He stepped back and threw his weight against the side of the cage, only succeeding in rocking it precariously.

Riku... Yuzuki slowly opened her eyes, but no longer saw the arena. She was wading up to her waist in what looked like water, she quickly began moving forward. "Where am I?" Her voice echoed and she stopped looking horrified. "I'm dead aren't I. I can't die yet!!" She began running the best she could in the water, her chakra seemed lifetimes away, it was completely untouchable.  Laugher sounded from the distance and she followed the sound trying to mentally prepare herself to meet God or what ever you met when you died. The thought gave her strength, she was going to give God a good piece of her mind about her life. How dare he let her suffer like that for so long!

Instead of God she found a never ending cage, and inside sat 513. He was smiling, yet looked sad, and he was completely flesh and bone.

"Hey 512. I've missed you." Tears sprung to her eyes instantly and fell down her cheeks in heavy rivers.

"I missed you too." She sniffled and reached through the bars grabbing his hand. She ignored how cold he was. "Are we dead?" 

To that 513 laughed again, Yuzuki not missing the sad note that crept into his voice. "Not yet." The water around them rippled and a blurry image appeared.

Slowly the image cleared and Yuzuki sucked in a quick breath as she watched herself fight 513. "Wha-..." her voice trailed off and 513 smiled slowly as the image faded.

"Apparently there's a jutsu only our clan can do or something where if I put my chakra in your body I can control it." He shrugged like it was no big deal, and Yuzuki gapped at him. "I don't really get it but your actually still unconscious and I pulled your consciousness to mine so we can talk." Even as he spoke his image flickered and blurred, Yuzuki sucked a quick breath in and reached for him again. This time her hand went right through his, 513 winced and smiled sadly. "My chakra is almost gone. When that happens I'll lose who I am and become nothing but the beast He's made me into."

Yuzuki was still crying, and she shook her head. "Take my chakra, I can't do it. I can't. You can't ask me to do it." Kill him that is. 513's smile fell and he looked up even as the bars began to dissolve.