Chapter 24

(The added picture is of The elder. Enjoy.))

"What kind of dumb move was that?!" Hazu snarled as he wrapped one of her arms around his shoulders, Riku instantly at her other side bruises dark and blotchy on his pale skin. He took her other arm.

"It was a sole Yuzuki type of move."

"Don't make it sound like a good thing!"

As the boys lifted Yuzuki to her feet the students parted as Lani stepped through. She put her hands on her hips and stared down at them begrudgingly. Silently they looked at each other until Hazu huffed and motioned for Riku to start walking.

"Bring her back when she's fully recovered from where ever she's from."

Lani's words rang out behind them and Riku smiled over his shoulder, as Hazu just raised his free hand to acknowledge that he heard her. They came down the path the process slow and grueling, Riku was limping heavily. Hazu looked over at him when Riku stumbled almost dropping Yuzuki.

"Why do you let them beat you?" Hazu snapped as he stopped letting his teammate catch his breath.

"They pay less attention to us if they think we're weak." Riku mumbled as he rolled his yellow eyes and rubbed his leg.

Looking at him curiously for a moment Hazu then shook his head. "One of these days you'll snap on them and I absolutely must be there to see it." Without saying another word he knelt down and draped Yuzuki over his back. He pulls her legs around his waist and stared at Riku pale eyes meeting yellow. "Just make sure she doesn't fall off."

He started forward suddenly, Yuzuki's dead weight almost tipping him backward as her upper half bent backward falling off, which was thankfully caught by a suprised Riku who was smiling slightly. He pushed her back up against Hazu and they continued walking out of the trees back into the village. As the trees began to thin out Hazu flinched startled as her hands gripped suddenly at his shoulders, and she groaned softly.

"What happened..." Her chin resting on his shoulder, Hazu loosed a small sigh of relief but didn't look over at her, her face far too close.

"You decided to push yourself too hard too soon so now we have to take you home." Hazu snapped his grip tightening on her legs, pausing to glance at Riku. Riku stood beside him on the main road now, rubbing Yuzuki's back gently in small circles. She had wrapped her arms around his neck holding on by herself now. Hazu glanced sharply at the large thrum of people on the road and on the shops beside it, then back to Riku. Riku took a deep breath then nodded, they would continue going that way. Yuzuki turned her head on Hazu's shoulder looking sleepily at Riku now, he offered her a small comforting smile.

"Yuzuki..? If you can go to sleep that would be best right now okay..?" He said softly, motioning for Hazu to start walking. Hazu took a deep breath and swallowed nervously before starting up again.

"Hmm... Why?" Her voiced floated out sleepily.

Riku looked nervously at the huge crowd of people, before back at her. "Trust me please."

Yuzuki blinked once then twice ever so slowly before her eyes closed again.

The boys exchanges glances and stood side by side the crowd of people seeming to swallow them whole. The whispering started almost instantly, pieces of conversations drifting to their ears.

"There they are again..."

"There's a new one now, more trouble if you ask me."

"Just look at them!"

"I hear the Hyuga has a chakra lock that could turn him into a puppet!"

"Well look at the other one, he looks like a snake!"