Chapter 4

(( in the process of shifting the pov over so the entire book matches))

They ran.

Thinking back on it, 512 couldn't remember how long or far they ran. All she remembered for that part of the escape, was the sound of their feet. While running the main thought in her mind was wishing that the Kayla or 514 had learned how to run silently. Or at least quieter. Soon, however, an uneasy feeling began to creep up inside of her, they had been running for a while and nothing seemed out of the ordinary. No one was chasing them.

512 choose to hope it was just her life long record of bad luck ending.

Of course, she was wrong.

Soon enough 514's footsteps begin to slow as she tired out. Poor girl, from the way her dingy brown hair hung in her eyes and the panicked looks she was throwing around anyone could tell she was stressing. 512 slowed to a walk, not wanting 514 to exhaust herself while there was still so far to go.

"Oi........ " Kayla spoke up as she slowed beside them. "Do you know where we're going?"

"Of course!" 512 snapped at her not wanting to hear her own doubts voiced out loud. Honestly it had been 513's job to find an exit.... She had just mapped the entire place in her head. That's when the thought slipped itself in her mind. "We're going to find 513." 514 nodded as she breathed in deeply. Silently 512 wondered how the little girl had lasted this long.

"Why?" Kayla asked, sounding bored.

"Why?" 512 repeated completely numb to her question. There had never been another optition.

"Why rescue him? It's just wasting time... in the time it'll take to find him, we could of found the exit!" She snapped at 512.

The anger rose up from her core and she spun facing Kayla now. "Because with out him, I'd be dead! and if I was dead you'd both be rotting away in that cell so shut up, and do what I say!" 512 got up into her face and saw a spark of fear run across Kayla's golden eyes, 512's violent reputation preceded her. Good. "If you've got a problem with how I run stuff, tell me after we're free!" She snarled at her. Kayla looked away after a moment and nodded slightly. Slowly 512 turned back around and changed the small group's direction heading toward where the Others would preform experiments.

They began to run again and soon a aloud thud sounded from behind. Fearing the worse, 512 snapped her head around to look back. Apparently the noise had frightened Kayla as well, her eyes were wide as she looked back as well. 512 abruptly relaxed as She realized it was just 514 falling, after she had lost her footing. 512 sighed frustrated and walked back around over to her. Judging the possibilities and options she knelt and turned facing away from her. 514 looked up at her confused.

"Get on." Was all She said, and after a few seconds without 514 moving 512 added harshly. "Get on! My back will be fine!" Surprised, she jumped and seemed to instantly attach to her back in a piggy back style. As they resumed running an uneasy feeling began to grow, why was this so easy? Not only that, pain began to throb through 512 as 514 griped to her tightly... She had no choose but to slow down even if it was just slightly. Slowing to a walk. Kayla followed 512's lead and began walking too, taking deep breaths to try and control her breathing. 512 didn't like not being able to keep an eye on Kayla but eh. Cant be picky with everything She suppose.

Suddenly red lights began to flash even as A screeching siren went off. Kayla pushed closer, and 514 griped to 512's back tighter. Looking around as panic began raising up in my entire presence. Fear froze all her thoughts and her body. Then a single movement snapped 512 out of the paralysis. Huge iron gates began to fall down from the ceiling threating to block their way to 513.

Mindlessly 512 added a chakra boost to her feet speeding up increadbly, leaving Kayla in the dust forgetting about her completely. She heard her yell out and 512 looked over her shoulder, glimpsing the panic on Kayla's face. Instantly She felt guilty and speed back grabbing Kayla's hand pulling her along behind. There was not any consideration about which way to go, she was simply speed along going by instant. Abruptly 512 began willing that Kayla could also run with a chakra boost... And then suddenly she felt a sizable amount of her chakra seep out into Kayla's body and they both shot forward. This sudden acceleration caused 514 to loose a tiny bit of her grip, almost flying from 412's back .

Suddenly, 514 pointed at a door as the gate began to close in front of it. "That's the one!! That's where they took him yesterday!" She yelled in 512's ear. With out thinking she sped toward the door and suddenly as 514's weight was lifted from her back, the speed increased so much she lost control, losing the grip on Kayla as well. 512 crashed and slid though the doorway on her back as the gate clanged behind her, with inches to spare.

Kayla, looked at the gate in open despair. She ran up and began to bang on the gate with her fists.

"Don't leave me here!!" She cried out desperately and 512 heard her threw the gate. She stood slowly then, beginning to walk away to look for 513, but then Kayla's breaking voice stopped 512's hasty departure. "You know what they'll do to us...Please..."

Sadly 512 turned on herself again and walked back to the gate. "Just survive out there and I'll find you again. I promise." She don't know what Kayla said after that, or if she responded at all. 512 turned away from the door and began weaving her way around in the dimly lit experiment area.

The Others knew the girls were out. The Others knew exactly where they were, they were completely trapped. Just more bad luck to add to a lifetime.

Abruptly 512 thought of something and a shiver coursed down her spine. Earlier that day 514 had told her that 513 had been taken to experimenting a few days ago. Just a few seconds ago she told her that he had been taken the day before. 512 silently began to have her doubts of just who that tiny weakly was, glancing back at the iron door just as Kayla's pounding stopped.

Then the thought wandered back, just how 514 did survived this Hell hole as long as she did?