Introducing: Escapee

Hello! This is the first chapter to the second book about Yuzuki and the whole gang! I hope this causes you all to look for it under my works and continue to follow their story! I want to thank all of you readers and I hope that you enjoy Escapee as much as you all have enjoyed Escape!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spring had finally come to the Sakura village. The cherry blossom trees around the village had bloomed beautifully overnight, their sweet scent coating the village and those inside. To any shinobi or merchants passing by, the village looked like nothing more than a foggy dome cleverly camouflaged into the surrounding trees. The dome was the village's first line of defense, a pass needed to cross over its chakra current safely. Should the dome ever fall though, the second defense lived inside.

Sakura Shinobi.

The shinobi were the lifeblood of the village, along side the civilians. Two equal parts of the same important coin. The civilians maintained shops and schools, cafes and the fields. The shinobi brought money into the village by taking on missions, and helped keep relations between villages peaceful. Above all else, in charge of protecting and managing the coin, was the Kage.

The Sakura Kage was currently residing in his head office at the top of his office building, located at the center of the village. Ryo Tiki, founder of the Sakura village, was absolutely swimming in paperwork. He was currently in the middle of updating his knowledge on his shinobi, rereading their updated folders. An extra, and unneeded some would argue, endeavor. However, as Ryo read the folders he was calculating how to assign missions in a way so that the risk of causalities was minimized.  

Ryo fiddled with a piece of his long dark hair as he smiled slightly to himself at the next group of folders.

Riku Hibi
Age: 19
Active Duty
Chunin

Yuzuki Wakana
Age: 18
Active Duty
Chunin

Hazu Hyuga
Age: 20
Inactive
Chunin

Kayla Wakana
Age: 19
Active Duty
Genin

Under each shinobi's ranking were the amount of missions that they had taken and successfully completed. But Ryo's focus drifted to Hazu's file; down to the chunin's inactive status. Finally, he stood and strode toward his window which overlooked a good portion of the city.

"Ah yes.... that's today isn't it."

-------------------
For the first time in four years Yuzuki was awake and moving by the time Riku made it into their kitchen. The two had moved into a nicer apartment shortly after the chunin exam. With the higher pay from more dangerous missions it had been an easy transition. The apartment still had a connected living room and kitchen with one bedroom connected to the living room with a tiny hallway. The bedroom had a private bathroom, off of one side, and was the reason Riku had liked this specific apartment. The hallway also contained the stairs to the second level where the second bedroom and bathroom were located. In addition, upstairs, there was a room they had transformed to be a weapons room, which was the main reason Yuzuki had liked this apartment above the others. Riku admitted that it was strange for an apartment for have a second story but he supposed that he simply did not understand the art of architecture.

"Good morning, Yuzuki." He strode calmly into the kitchen as she beamed brightly at him. "What're you doing up so early?"

Yuzuki rolled those bright red eyes of hers and crammed another piece of toast into her mouth. Two more cluttered a plate in front of her, dosed in maple syrup. Riku winced at her food choices but remained silent as Yuzuki gave him the mercy of swallowing before speaking. It was one of the last habits they were currently working very hard to break.