Chapter 25

((Added picture is of Scar! And thank you to everyone who added this book to their reading lists 😁. I hope you all enjoy it, pls vote and comment!))

Daisuke whipped his head around, blue eyes flashing to meet silver. "She did what?!?" He stared unbelieving at Scar, who had walked up a moment ago but stayed a few steps back with his arms crossed. Daisuke gaped with his mouth open in pure shock, while Scar on the other hand looked as if he thought this was one of the dullest things he'd spoken about in a while.

"I said, she went to training with Lani and almost got herself pummeled to a pulp by Goyai." He rolled his eyes as he talked, "And then her idiots for teammates decided to walk straight through town to carry her home."

They were speaking as they walked down a hospital corridor heading toward Kayla's room, a can of milk in Daisuke's hand. A look of worry washed over his face as they paused outside her door.

"I really hope she's alright, maybe I'll go ahead and pay her a visit later."

He opened the door and Daisuke froze in his tracks horrified shock appearing openly on his face.Scar cursed loudly before turning on his heel and whipping around, running to find help or at least a doctor.

The room was empty, save for bloodied bandages scattered messily around the room. The room itself looked to have been trashed, vaguely Daisuke wondered how the staff had not heard anything amiss.

In the back of his mind Daisuke heard Scar returning with the doctor, but his sole focus was on a tiny letter left on the neatly made bed, which stood out in the mess.

A mere thirty minutes later Ryo was reading the letter, having already scanned it for fingerprints and had tried to trace back the handwriting but to no avail. He tossed the letter down on his desk and folded his hands before turning around looking out his giant window. "Read it." He quietly commanded the people situated in his office, Daisuke, Scar and his Secretary Aki.

Daisuke picked it up first and quickly read it before passing it to Scar who passed it to Aki. Ryo was watching the sky, there was a dark storm cloud forming in the distance. He turned back around slowly and met Daisuke in the eyes. "Bring me Yuzuki, Riku, and Hazu." As Daisuke turned on his heel and ran out Ryo glanced to Aki, "Tell the librarian to bring me all and any information about the Wakana clan on file, as well as anything she may have on human experimentation sites." As she walked out of the room Ryo's solemn stare fell to Scar and he leaned forward over his desk the tension in the air suddenly thick. For the first time Scar felt the power radiating off of the Kage and took half a step back, sweat suddenly beading on his forehead. "How is it possible that they found her?" Maroon eyes stared harshly into silver and Scar lowered his eyes to the floor, placing his palms up. A mirror of Yuzuki the first time she stood before Ryo, his body remembering what his mind would not.

Suddenly a hand grabbed Scar's shoulder from behind and he was pulled into a veil of chakra, a quiet hum reaching his ears. Woura stood behind Scar his eyes on the boy and Ryo stood the tension subsiding slightly, a sad look in his eyes now. "How did the Wakana's find them?" 

"I don't know." Ryo glanced sharply up to check the color and frowned. Woura shook his head slightly and the humming faded as he withdrew his chakra. Purple with a green edge.

Ryo stood and slowly walked out from behind his desk Scar taking another step back. "I really didn't do anything!" Fear clouded Scar's eyes but Ryo just looked at him with a glaze of sadness in his own eyes and simply nodded.

"I'm going to have to ask you to stay here, in my office, until we return with Kayla." He put a hand on Scar's shoulder. "You may not remember doing anything but that purple means there is something hidden pertaining to my question. Please understand." Scar looked to the floor and Ryo gently pulled his chin up so their eyes would meet. "It is not your fault."