Chapter 5

((Serious editing to happen here. Also a picture of an experiment!))

512 felt sick as she looked around the room. Jars and jars of organs lined the shelves, questionably clean cutting utensils lined a table next to a body table... Both were stained with blood, and yet she looked around closely. She lifted the neckline of her shirt over her nose, the entire room smelled rotten.

"513!........" 512 whispered as she scanned the room. "Where are you?!" A sudden movement caught her eye and she turned instantly facing one of the dimly lit corners. Moving forward carefully she whispered again. "513....? are you there?" A light flickered on, perhaps on purpose or a surge of energy, But she covered her mouth in horror and took a few gaping steps back. Suddenly 512 desperately hoped he wasn't in here at all. Corpses hung from the walls off of giant hooks, and a few were cut open the insides missing. She turned on her heel preparing to run when she paused. What if 513 was hanging here? Then searching the rest of the Hall would be pointless... 512 looked back up at the lifeless bodies and silently shook her head, tasting the bile which rose up into the back of her throat. Some of the bodies were so decayed that it was difficult to tell if they had been male or female. She swallowed thickly and continued to breath threw her mouth trying to block out the stink of decay with the thin fabric of her torn gown.

"..... What can I use, how could I tell....." She began to look around on the shelves careful not to touch anything too suspicious looking, like a certain jar of eyes. Her heart tightened and and seemed to skip a beat as her eyes landed on a suspicious looking book. Quickly pulling the thick book bound in leather down from the top shelf, she barely skimmed the cover. It was labeled 'MISTAKE RECORDS', anxiously she flipped to the last page and checked the last couple of entres.

733 ~ male ~ failed

417~ female~ failed

513~ male ~ passed

842~ male ~ failed

She stopped for a second and reread that one entry. 513 had passed this experiment room. That meant he wasn't hanging up with the other bodies! Abruptly 512 hugged the book to her chest feeling excited, but then she stopped and started thinking. Hoping she wasn't cornered in here with the bodies... the alarm that went off earlier had proved that the Others knew they were out. That meant people would be looking for the girls. And that meant that the entire facility was probably in a lock down... As more ideas continued to roll around in her brain, a sense of panic and hopelessness began to grow. Slowly the book slipped from 512's hands and clattered to the floor. It was that noise that snaped her from the over-load mode and the daze of worry.

She reminded herself that she hadn't even explored the rest of the room that seemed to serve as her newest cell. How did she know it didn't have a second exit? And so chances were, it did have a second exit!... That had also would be locked by the metal doors. 512 rested her forehead against the cold metal door and felt herself begin to slip into despair.

Then something clicked and she recalled how she had hidden the Key in the wall of the cell using chakra! 512 felt an idea slowly form, she knelt down onto the floor and put a skinny hand over the thin crack where the gate and the floor met. This gate would probably be much  harder than the walls of the cell, but there was no other way, she just had to try...

She closed her eyes and blocked out all other sounds, focusing on the chakra sleeping beneath her skin. She felt the familiar hum and forced a sharp spike of chakra out of her hand into the gate. It silently, but slowly, began to cut threw the steel. She cut upward, then over, then back down making a hole just big enough for herself to squirm threw. So that's what she did, suddenly grateful that the Others fed her so little.

Once I was threw I remember wishing that I had enough time to melt it back together, but I wanted to go and find Kayla and 514 as soon as possible. So I settled for just shoving the metal square back into the hole. Once I stood up I looked around fully taking in my surroundings for the first time.  it was the same hallway it had been before I had left everyone else... but no one was in sight. And both passage ways are blocked. Quickly I looked around looking for anything to use as a weapon or to escape. I thought about drilling escape holes threw each of the doors but then I figured that would waste too much chakara. Then out of shier chance I looked up. My heart leaped as I saw an air duct on the top of the ceiling. Quickly I look around for a way to scale the walls. Nothing. Absolutely nothing laid around in the hallway.

  Suddenly I remember a lesson I had learned during my short time in the Ninja School. Something about controlling the chakara points around your feet and that would allow you to walk up walls. I had never believe them before but hey, right now that sounded too good to be true. So I tried it. I uncertainly stepped up the wall and was shocked to see I didn't fall instantly. But I did instantly feel the strain it put on my Chakara as well as my body... your feet wouldn't fall but you had to tence your entire body to keep gravity from taking over. Slowly I walked-climbed up the wall onto the ceiling. I slowly looked back down to the floor... It sure looked far away. If I fell there would be no promise that I would be able to climb up again... or get up at all.

I pushed the doubts to the back of my mind and pushed the air ducts in on itself. I reached out  to grab the sides and I let my focus slip. In that one second I lost control of my chakara points and fell. hopelessly I lashed out with my hand and grabbed onto the rim of the air duct. Limply I hung in the air by one hand and I gritted my teeth as the pain from my back began to climb up my arm slowly I inched myself up so my other hand could grab onto the rim of the air duct. from there I slowly pulled my self up, into the duct.

I leaned against the side of it trying to catch my breath while trying to cope with the pain in my back. I leaned forward to put the gate back in place and as I did I caught a glace out of the corner of my eye, of a large red smuge against where I had just been leaning. I twisted my arm and felt my back. Sure enough it was wet. I pulled my hand back around and looked down at the blood on my hand. The wound had broken open.

I opened my mouth to groan when I heard a sound like a bunch of gears turning. It was horribly loud and I covered my ears thinking that they would bust. As the noise stopped I peaked threw the gate covering the duct once again. I was slightly shocked to see all the gates had been lifted and a small group of ninja's ran threw at a normal pace. They seemed to have been saving there chakara. I shrunk into the safety of the shadows and listened to them threw the wall.

The one in charge shouted words I couldn't hear correctly and I hear the footsteps break up as two left the group to check the room with the dead bodies. The rest continued on. I waited not making a noise hardly daring to breath. If the thought occurred to then to check the air vents I was toast. If it was a ninja who could use fire chakara then literally I would be toast.

Hardly daring to breath I waited to hear the footsteps of the two ninja come out of the room. After what seemed like an eternity, they finally left and I heard them run the way the rest of their group had gone. I breathed out deeply relaxing for the first time.

I was finally safe.

For now.