Prologue

By Southern Pansy

       Gabriel paced up and down the hallway, anxiously waiting to return to his wife's bedside. After what felt like an eternity the bedroom door finally creaked open and out stepped his father in law, Aziraphale. 

"How is she?" Gabriel rasped. "And how's Kokabiela?" Eden had just given birth to their fourth child and he had been a wreck ever since the labor began. The labor had been long and hard, and a breech on top of everything else. 

"She's fine, dear. I cast a healing ward to help with the soreness. She just needs rest. As for Kokabiela,  she's absolutely perfect. Eden's already given her the nickname, Koko." 

Gabriel smiled wanly. "Really?" 

Aziraphale smiled back, "Really. Now, go join them. And don't worry about the triplets, Crowley and I will take care of them."

Gabriel thanked Aziraphale profusely before he dashed into the bedroom.

"Eden!" Gabriel rushed to Eden’s side of the bed. Eden smiled brightly at him, holding the baby in her arms. "Are you okay? How's the baby? Can I get you anything?"

"Shhhh." Eden whispered. "You'll wake her." Kokabiela was sound asleep in her mother's arms. The sight made Gabriel’s heart melt. 

"She's so beautiful, just like her mother." Gabriel rasped as he stroked her curly black hair. It was so soft and fuzzy. 

"Naw, she gets her looks from you, Gabe." The Archangel turned to her and kissed her cheek. "I'm so proud of you Edie." 

"I'm proud of you too beloved, I know how difficult it is for you…..seeing me like this…." Gabriel had been an emotional wreck, worried about his wife and the baby during the difficult labor. Too say he was still worried was an understatement. Although freshly bathed and in a clean nightgown, Eden still looked flushed and absolutely drained.

"It's over now." Gabriel rasped. "All that matters now is that you and Kokabiela are okay."

Gabriel felt a flash of concern when Eden suddenly slumped against her pillow. "Eden?"

"I'm okay, I'm just tired." 

"Let me take over then." Gabriel gently took the baby from her and once he made sure that Eden was snug and warm under the covers, he pecked her on the lips. "Get some sleep love, I'll be right here if you need anything."

"I just need you to stay here with me. I'd sleep much better knowing you and Koko are close by." 

"Of course darling." Gabriel climbed inside the bed once Eden scooted over. "Why are you calling her Koko?" 

"Because she's warm and sweet like Papa’s cocoa." Eden murmured as her eyelids fluttered shut.

"Heh, you're right." Gabriel replied as Kokabiela wriggled in her sleep, her little hand reached out and grasped his wrist. He felt like he was going to burst with love.

The Archangel's purple eyes brimmed with tears as he watched Eden and Kokabiela sleep peacefully. Gabriel tucked his newborn daughter in the crook of one arm and with his free hand, he reached out and clasped his wife's hand. 

"Ineffable." Gabriel rasped softly. "Absolutely and truly ineffable."

Three months later……

Aziraphale peeked into the bookshop's small upstairs bedroom. Gabriel was exactly where the angel had left him. The Archangel was kneeling at the side of the bed where his daughter Eden was lying. She was lying on her side so that she wouldn’t risk aggravating her new wound. The wound had been healing well until Sandalphon slashed it open with Aziraphale’s old Flaming Sword. The blade hadn't been aflame but it was still a deadly weapon. Aziraphale, Crowley and Gabriel had barely gotten to the bookshop on time. Eden nearly bled to death but it was thanks to Aziraphale’s sewing kit and his sewing skills that Eden was still clinging to life.