3

"Eden?" It was strangely quiet, which was unusual. His ears would be ringing with Eden's laughter as she would entertain the babies. "Eden, are you alright?" He didn't like it when the cottage was too quiet. It reminded him of those long nights during her recovery after the War. South Downs had been so quiet that it felt like he was back in his former Head Office. 

As Gabriel got closer to the nursery he saw that the door was shut. Odd. It should be open at this hour. 

Gabriel approached the door and knocked on the door gently. "Edie? Are you in there?" 

When there was no answer he opened the door and the sight that greeted him made him gasp in shock. "Oh my God, Eden!"

His wife, Eden, was leaning over baby Neil's crib, fast asleep. 

"Eden, love, wake up!" Gabriel said as he gently pulled Eden away from the crib and eased her onto the floor, cradling her in his arms. 

"Hmmmnh." Eden moaned as she drifted awake. "How long was I asleep?" 

"I don't know." Gabriel replied. "Are you alright? You look exhausted….maybe we should reschedule the harvest until you've gotten some rest." To his dismay, Eden staggered to her feet and walked back to the blue crib she had been leaning against. 

"We can't just cancel a harvest Gabe! The kids have been looking forward to this for months and this is Neil and Terri's first autumn. Come on, let's get the twins ready." Within moments, the four of them were dressed properly for the chilly weather and they made their way downstairs each carrying a twin. 

"I still think you should get some rest Edie." She had been through a lot in recent months. The twins were born earlier than expected and Neil was a crier and the infant only seemed to be soothed whenever his parents were close by. Neither of them had been getting much sleep but the Archangel was used to this. Eden was not.

"I'll be fine Gabriel." Eden reassured. "Now enough fussing! We've kept the kids waiting long enough."