21

"A Thanksgiving picnic was a splendid idea." Aziraphale said as he and Gabriel set the picnic table. Gabriel had miracled a large wooden picnic table in South Downs Cottage's  backyard where everyone would be enjoying their meal. 

Gabriel glanced over his shoulder and was relieved to see that Eden was still sitting on the backporch's rocking chair, still talking with Muriel while Madame Tracy poured them a fresh cup of tea. Good. She was taking it easy. Eric meanwhile was playing with Koko and the twins on a cozy tartan quilt less than a foot away, under the watchful eye of Sergeant Shadwell. Muriel had brought more good news. Emissaries, a very special human soul would be chosen and turned into an angel to help lost souls in Purgatory and occasionally on Earth.

They had managed to escape with Muriel and the survivors as well, much to Eden’s delight. Maybe Mercury's namesake could come visit sometime.

Crowley was playing cricket with Polaris and Mercury while Gallifrey was playing with Samwise and Hester, the little redhead playfully chasing the demon goat and gray Shire and the dogs were lounging in a sunny patch of grass.

Gabriel turned when he heard Aziraphale snap his fingers and the table was now filled to the brim with a stunning spread of food. Mashed potatoes with gravy, homemade cranberry sauce, piping hot turkey stuffing, pudding, pumpkin pie, apple pie, cheesecake with cranberry sauce, sliced carrots and the centerpiece, a succulent golden brown turkey. 

"Time to eat." Aziraphale said, but no announcement was needed. Everyone had smelled the delicious food and were already making their way towards the table.

"Uh, is it normal for a….child….to get that dirty while eating?" Muriel asked as she watched Kokabiela gorge herself on mashed potatoes and gravy, smearing the food all over her chubby little face. 

"Yes. Totally normal." Aziraphale reassured as Eden stepped forward before Kokabiela could get any messier. 

Gabriel laughed at the sight. Koko loved mashed potatoes and gravy and she was still trying to eat more as Eden tried to wipe her face clean with a napkin. Terri and Neil watched, mesmerized by the sight as they drank from their bottles. 

Koko wriggled and squirmed, not wanting to be disturbed as she ate but a blob of gravy fell onto her yellow dress.

"Oh Koko, right on your new dress!" Eden exclaimed, distressed. 

"Here let me help." Gabriel grabbed a napkin and stepped in and Kokabiela's face was clean.

"Thank you beloved." Eden rasped gratefully. "I think that's enough mash for you missy!" 

"I agree." Gabriel chuckled as he began to fill Kokabiela's plate with some carrot slices and a slice of turkey. 

"Mash!" Koko exclaimed. Aziraphale and Eden gasped. Gabriel nearly dropped the plate.

"Her first word!" Gabriel and Crowley exclaimed in unison.