14

Gabriel jumped when he heard a knock on the bedroom door. Once he made sure that the noise didn't disturb Eden and the little ones, the Archangel got up to answer the door, and met the furious gaze of his father in law. 

“What’s the big idea?” Crowley snapped.

“I don’t know what you are talking about, Crowley.” Gabriel replied.

“Your son. Polaris. My grandson, came to me and Aziraphale crying his eyes out and told us what you said to him. What makes you think you can talk to him like that!”

Gabriel felt a flash of guilt but he pushed it away. “He hurt his mother and risked the safety of his little brother.”

“You know that he didn’t do it on purpose!”

“He knows that he’s supposed to go further into the forest, to Cricket Hollow.” Cricket Hollow, as the name implied, was a clearing deemed far enough away that was safe enough for the boys to play rough sport games, usually cricket, as well as still be in view of Archangel Falls. 

“It was a fucking accident you pompous son of-“

“Why are you two arguing in the bedroom doorway?” Eden called from inside the bedroom. 

“Your husband,” Crowley pushed past Gabriel and entered the bedroom, “Upset Polaris! He’s downstairs crying thinking that he’s murdered you or something!” 

"What did you say to him, Gabriel?" Eden demanded as she got out of bed, making Kokabiela and the twins stir. "Eden, you need to stay in bed." Gabriel fretted but Eden ignored him. "What did you say to our son, Gabriel?" Eden rasped, ignoring her tired muscles. 

"I will admit that I was harsh with him….but only because he disobeyed and put you and Neil in harm's way." 

"Lars says that when he wanted to see if everyone was alright, Gabriel told him that he had "done enough". Crowley growled. "Then started a rant about how he nearly gave his brother a concussion!"

"I…." Gabriel clenched his fists and didn't reply. He flinched when Eden reached out and clasped his hand. The Archangel was shocked when he realized that he was trembling. 

"Daddy, can you give us some time to ourselves? I'll talk with Gabriel, that is if you don't mind watching the triplets for a bit longer."

Crowley nodded, understanding instantly. "Of course not Queenie." 

"Thank you, and please remind  Papa to set out a few cranberries to dry out…..those are my favorite."