6

"Ooooooh!" Gallifrey exclaimed as the group found the clearing where the cranberry patch was located. "There's so many again just like last year!" 

"And they're huge!" Mercury added as he and his sister each grabbed a basket and immediately began to pluck the maroon berries from the bushes. Gabriel had to dash after them when Kokabiela decided to follow her big brother and sister. 

Eden grinned at her children's enthusiasm and bent down to grab her own basket, but was stopped by her parents. "Huh?"

"Sit down over here Queenie." Crowley said gently, pointing to a checkered picnic blanket that was sitting in front of a couple of cranberry bushes. 

"What is this for?" 

"So you can pick berries without lugging the twins around all day." Aziraphale said helpfully. 

"But Gabriel packed the papoose…." Eden pointed to the overstuffed satchel that Gabriel had slung over his shoulder. It was stuffed with essential supplies needed for Kokabiela and the twins.

"Naw, that's too much strain!" Crowley said, knowing that the bright yellow duck themed satchel was extremely heavy with baby stuff. "Go on now, sit! Take it easy and relax!"

Eden shrugged, secretly glad that she could finally sit down,  even for a moment.

"You two keep an eye on Koko until I come back!" Gabriel said. "I must see to your mother and the twins!"

Gabriel turned his head and saw Eden and the twins sitting comfortably on the picnic blanket. The twins were sitting up and gazing around them with wonder in their blue serpentine eyes as they watched Aziraphale and Crowley pick cranberries from the bushes. Eden picked some too and let the twins get a good look at each berry because this was a new experience for them. Gabriel felt his heart ache with love. He couldn't bear to be far from them, even for a moment. 

"On second thought, why don’t you three come over here and be closer to us."