15

As Crowley made his way downstairs, the sound of laughter met his ears. 

"Hey! The water is cold! Ack!" 

"Now, Polaris, be careful, we only need a little bit in order to wash-" 

Aziraphale was cut off by the sound of more splashing. As Crowley expected, the kitchen was drenched in water and spilled cranberries.

"Crowley!" Aziraphale gasped, relieved that reinforcements had arrived at last. "A little help please."

"I'd thought we'd never get them to calm down." Crowley sighed as he flopped down next to Aziraphale on the sofa. The triplets were lying on the floor among an assortment of pillows and blankets, watching cartoons on the telly. The dogs were curled up into balls among the pillows, fast asleep while Polaris, to everyone's relief, was back to his old self, more or less. It was still obvious that the boy had a lingering sense of guilt and concern about his mother. 

Crowley and Aziraphale watched the triplets enjoy the snickerdoodles and milk that Aziraphale had prepared for them. Crowley had also filled a large bowl with cranberries sprinkled with sugar for the children to enjoy with their cookies and milk.

 The rest of the cranberries had been washed and were now waiting in the ice box, waiting to be made into cranberry sauce. Aziraphale wanted to wait and see if Eden would be able to join them in making the sauce after some rest. Aziraphale had talked with Bella while she was there and was fully aware of what was going on with his daughter. 

"There's no need to be angry with Gabriel dear boy. Surely you can understand where he is coming from."

"Wot?" Crowley replied, shocked. "I-" 

"He's frightened Crowley. He has been for quite some time, his fears seemed to have calmed once the twins arrived but with Eden being exhausted and today's incident ...."

 "Well he didn't need to take it out on Polaris!" Crowley snapped. "Things have finally gone back to normal angel. We're finally happy again….."

"That's not entirely true Crowley." Aziraphale rasped. "It's hard seeing Eden's scars and we struggle with the trauma from time to time."

"You know what I mean Angel." Crowley grunted. "I've had enough of seeing my grandkids cry."

"I can agree with that my love." Last year's events had taken a toll on everyone despite Eden's quick recovery. 

"Grandpa, Grandfather! Come join us!" Gallifrey called from her place on the floor. "Come watch Bluey with us!" Each triplet was snuggled next to a puppy and each had their signature plush toy within reach. Ducky, Paddington and Doctor Bear were tucked under the warm tartan blanket alongside the triplets, not at all minding the crumbs that covered them.

Aziraphale smiled as he and Crowley got up to join their grandchildren amongst the pillows and blankets.