1

Raindrops pattered against the golden orange leaves of the trees of Epping Forest. A gentle breeze blew a few fallen leaves from the forest floor, making them dance in the air as a family was preparing to emerge from their cottage named Archangel Falls. 

It was once a two story cottage, but now it was a three story cottage so it could accommodate the six children that lived there with their parents. 

At the moment, the children's father, Archangel Gabriel, was doling out jackets and scarves to the children. There was no way on Earth he was letting his children go outside unless they were properly dressed for the weather!

"Mercury, please fetch the baskets, they're in the laundry room." Mercury, the Archangel’s oldest son and the eldest of the set of triplets, gave a quick nod and dashed away to fulfill his father's request. 

Gabriel turned to his little daughter, Kokabiela Gabriella, who had just turned a year old, and helped her into her purple jacket as his other two kids helped each other dress appropriately for the weather. Gabriel felt a flash of pride, along with a pang of sadness.  The triplets were growing up so fast…..even Kokabiela……

Kokabiela had just turned a year old now, and the triplets, Mercury, Polaris and Gallifrey were seven yet it felt like only yesterday when they were each tiny little newborns. 

"I got the baskets Dad." Mercury said as he returned with his arms full with several baskets stacked on top on one another, making a crooked tower of sorts.

"Okay, why don’t you go set them on the porch for now." Gabriel smiled as he opened the door for Mercury who scurried outside once his father made sure that the rain had stopped. 

Gabriel glanced down when he felt something tug his sleeve. He glanced down and met the purple serpentine gaze of his daughter, Gallifrey Rose. "Daddy?"

"Yes Tiny?" Gabriel smiled as he ran a hand through her flame red curls. 

"Can we go play in the leaves until Grandfather and Granpa come?" The little redhead pointed to one of the large piles of leaves that dotted the front yard. "Koko is finally old enough, isn't she?"

Gabriel felt a lump in his throat. Gallifrey was right. Kokabiela had been too young last autumn…..

"Of course. But she's still pretty small, why don’t one of you sit with her until you're mother and I come join you?" He didn't want to miss Kokabiela's first autumn toddling about and attempting to jump into leaf piles.

"I can do that!" Mercury said, only to be interrupted by Gallifrey, "No it was my idea so I'll do it!" 

"You both can do it if you like." Gabriel stepped in before an argument could erupt. The Archangel checked that Kokabiela's jacket was properly fastened yet again and even slipped on her pink gloves.

"Keep an eye on your sisters Mercury and don't go beyond your mother's TARDIS." 

Mercury nodded and took Kokabiela by the hand. "Come on Koko!" and led her outside. 

Gallifrey meanwhile let out a sharp whistle, just like her Grandpa Crowley taught her, and five dogs, a black hellhound, Hellraiser, a black and white mutt, Star, and their three pups, Stripes, Spots and Socks dashed from upstairs and rushed to Gallifrey's side. 

"Come on loves, let's go get Samwise out of his stall so he can join us!" Gallifrey giggled as each dog showered her in kisses. Samwise Gamgee,  or Samwise for short, was the family's beloved gray Shire horse.

"We'll be out in a few!" Gabriel called as he made his way upstairs. Eden should have been down with the twins by now…..