Siren Effect 1/4

A/N: Heyy!! I'm back with the main storyline~~ And welcome, new readers! It's great to see this book gaining reads and votes, huge thank you for that <3 Here's to another moon spell chapter, let's see what happens this time!

.

'I wish she would stop with those whale noises, I can't hear shit from what you are saying' sighed Hoshi crossing his arms over the table. Seokmin looked towards the small stage set up in the corner of JuiceNet cafe and sighed defeatedly.

'But you have to admit, she is a good singer' he turned back towards his friends. Jennie was standing on the stage, performing a song called Kill This Love. She sang, rapped and even danced. Seokmin couldn't deny the fact that the girl was hella talented.

'Why are they hosting karaoke in the middle of the day anyways?' asked Seungkwan confusedly as he finished up his coffee. The straw made a loud slurping sound in the plastic cup.

'We should totally do karaoke on our sleepover tonight' said Soonyoung. 'We could perform girl group songs!' he suggested excitedly.

'But don't forget, my parents and sister will be at home' reminded them Seungkwan.

'I'm really anxious about the whole thing' admitted Seokmin.

'Don't worry, Seok. Last month we weren't prepared for the full moon because we didn't know what it could cause. But now we are all ready. We will be locked up in Seungkwan's house. No one else will be there. And we will close all the curtains and everything to avoid even the chance to see the full moon. It will be over before you would even realize' said Hoshi.

'Famous last words' mumbled under his breath Seungkwan.

'It's easier said than done! But you guys weren't the ones who got possessed last time and did weird things!' exclaimed Seokmin and his ears turned red from the memories.

'Actually I was thinking about something' said Seungkwan playing with the straw. The other two looked at him curiously. 'It might be stupid. But last time Hoshi hyung and I also looked into the moon. And nothing happened to us except for how Wonwoo hyung said that we spaced out. What if it doesn't happen every time?' he wondered.

'And why did it happen, that's the main question' added Hoshi.

'The full moon turned us into mermen. It was full moon the night when we were at Mako. So maybe we do have a connection with it' guessed Seokmin.

'But why? Like in movies and books it's werewolves who have connection with the full moon. And they... just turn into wolves' said Hoshi.

'Seokmin hyung turned into a merman and we couldn't make his tail go away' chimed in Seungkwan.

'That's true. And other than that he was giggling all night and ended up making out with Choi Seungcheol' pointed out Hoshi.

'Thank you for the reminder' said Seokmin feeling heat creeping up his cheeks. 'And I don't even remember it' he frowned.

'Guys' whispered Seungkwan. 'I'm getting scared. Please, if anything happens, let's be there for each other! I... I don't want to...' his sentence ended in a mumble.

'What did you say? I didn't catch the end' leaned closer Hoshi. Seungkwan and Seokmin leaned towards the middle of the table and the three put their heads together.

'ⁱ ᵈᵒⁿ'ᵗ ʷᵃⁿᵗ ᵗᵒ ʰᵃᵛᵉ ᵐʸ ᶠⁱʳˢᵗ ᵏⁱˢˢ ᵃⁿᵈ ⁿᵒᵗ ʳᵉᵐᵉᵐᵇᵉʳ ⁱᵗ ᵃᶠᵗᵉʳʷᵃʳᵈˢ' muttered Seungkwan awkwardly. Hoshi cooed.

'You haven't kissed anyone yet, Kwannie?' he ruffled the youngest's hair. Seungkwan shook his head and his eyes flicked towards the table near the stage where Wonwoo was sitting with Seungcheol, Joshua, Mingyu and Jun. The five seemed to be in a discussion about something. It was quite a weird group, he had to admit. Ever since the shark incident it seemed like Wonwoo and Mingyu didn't hate each other as much as they used to. Sometimes they even managed to have a conversation like normal people do.