A Twist In The Tail 4/5

A/N: Sorry about the delay, I had some uni related program today that's why I'm so late :)) I know you've been waiting for this, I've read all the comments under the previous chapter lol. Btw thank you so much for the reads, votes and comments!

Btw, have you seen the concept photos for Seventeenth Heaven?? AJFVHDFBDIGBKSJGSJGB they are so damn gorgeous!!! I can't wait for the comeback!

.

It felt like hours had passed since the boys were trapped in the moon pool, while in reality it was about 15 minutes. Dr Bae and her group of scientists began setting up their equipment to do some examinations on the mermen. Which they obviously weren't planning to play along with, and so far they weren't willing to get out of the moon pool no matter what they told them. At first Dr Bae tried to make it sound like working together, but none of the three were buying that shit.

'What if they won't come out of the water?' asked Dr Kim quietly. Dr Bae finished adjusting something on her portable microscope and looked up.

'They will. Either by themselves, or we'll make them' she said. Dr Kim looked at the three mermen and his eyes landed on Seokmin. The boy's parents were his close friends since childhood. He pulled Dr Bae aside.

'Whatever you do, I don't want any harm to these boys' he warned. Dr Bae smiled at him.

'Don't worry about that. They won't be harmed' she said.

Meanwhile Mingyu sat down on the edge of the moon pool and he was having a staring contest with Hoshi and Seokmin. Seungkwan was under the water again, desperately trying to remove the cage and escape, even though he obviously knew he won't be able to. Mingyu didn't mind whatever the youngest was doing, as having two pairs of fierce eyes on him was already more than enough. He looked at Seokmin.

'We knew each other since we were 4, Mingyu' said Seokmin quietly. 'How could you do that?!'

'I didn't know' sighed Mingyu, knowing that it really doesn't matter now. Hoshi still didn't say a word. 'Can I talk to you, hyung?' asked Mingyu anxiously. Hoshi looked at Seokmin and signaled to him that it's okay. Seokmin gave Mingyu one last glare before sighing and disappearing under the water. Hoshi put his elbows on the edge of the pool and Mingyu scooted closer. For a few seconds they stared at each other in silence.

Mingyu was still progressing what just happened. His boyfriend was a merman. A real merman. And not to mention a gorgeous one. But how? He stared at Hoshi, taking in his beauty that somehow radiated even more in his merman form. His long tail had blue scales that shone in the light of the lamps that were set up around, and water was dripping on his skin and hair. He looked stunning. Mingyu just wished they weren't in a situation like this.

'How...? Why?' that was all he managed to ask. Hoshi sighed and looked away.

'It's... a long story' he mumbled.

'Y-You could've told me, hyung' said Mingyu. The older scoffed and looked back at him.

'See, that's where you're wrong, Kim' he spat. 'You were the great merman hunter, for god's sake! Telling you was never an option' he said. Mingyu stayed quiet and fidgeted with his fingers. Both boys had the same thing on their minds. Hoshi was the one who voiced it out.

'It's your fault that we are here now.'

'I know! But how would've I known that you and the boys-'

'No, Mingyu! I asked you one thing when we got into this' Hoshi gestured at himself and the younger, talking about their relationship. 'I told you to just give up on your fucking merman. That was all I asked for! If I were really important to you, then you would've just done that for me... but you obviously continued it behind my back. If you just listened to me, then we wouldn't be here now. I trusted you, Mingyu.'