Hook, Line And Sinker 1/4

A/N: Ayyeee, welcome to the new episode! I hope you will like this, I personally loved writing it ^^ It has some pretty long chapters, because originally this was supposed to be a 5-part story, but I ended up squeezing it into 4 parts. This episode also has 2 storylines so sometimes I'm switching back and forth between them. Also, I have absolutely no idea how to fish, I never tried it in my entire life, so I'm sorry if my words sound dumb sometimes - especially since English is still not my first language. I'm doing my best with every chapter :DD

NO SPOILERS PLS, this is an important chapter!! (kinda)

.

'Good morning, Kwannie, are you ready to-- hey, why aren't you ready yet?!' gasped Wonwoo as he welcomed himself inside the Boo house (without knocking obviously) with his fishing equipment, only to see Seungkwan folding some T-shirts away wearing his sweatpants and with a face mask on (strictly oil based as he can't use water based ones) in the living room.

'For what?' asked the younger, then he realized how he looks and that his crush just arrived and he quickly pulled the mask off with his left hand and combed his hair clumsily with his right hand to make himself presentable. It hardly worked, but Wonwoo found his efforts rather cute and he smiled fondly before speaking again.

'The annual fishing competition!! We participate every year, Kwan!' he pouted like a kid. Seungkwan went towards the kitchen and threw the leftovers of the mask in the bin. Wonwoo followed him, leaving his fishing rod and bag in the living room.

'I'm sorry, I won't be able to make it this year' sighed Seungkwan.

'Why?' asked Wonwoo, the genius, the school's top student, member of the science club, their friend group's last functioning braincell. 'Oh!! Is it because your Dad is the judge this year?' Seungkwan raised an eyebrow.

'No? It's because it takes a drop of water for me to turn into a fucking fish and then the ones y'all catch won't be the main attraction of the competition' he rolled his eyes. Wonwoo grimaced but nodded nonetheless. 'I'll be there to cheer for you' added Seungkwan.

'I hope so! It would be a shame if you weren't there when I finally win!' said Wonwoo excitedly.

'You said that last year too. And the previous year. And the year before...'

'Okay! But back then I didn't have... this' said Wonwoo dramatically and showed up a small item. Seungkwan took a closer look. It was a bright yellow spring with a hook attached to it. He nodded in approval, trying to look and sound convincing.

'Oh wow! That's truly incredible! But... what is this?' he asked, giving up on trying to figure it out himself.

'This is my new invention. My new lure! I designed it myself! How do you like it?' asked the older with sparkling eyes. Seungkwan was about to say something about how the lure is the ugliest, worst and most inconvenient one he had ever seen, but seeing the excitement in Wonwoo's eyes he just couldn't get himself to do it. So he nodded with a smile.

'It's cool! Does it work though?'

'It's going to! Just watch me' grinned Wonwoo.

Just then Seungkwan's Dad entered the kitchen and looked at the two boys talking next to the counter.

'Hi Wonwoo' he greeted.

'Hi Mr Boo' greeted back Wonwoo, still holding up the lure. Mr Boo looked at it for some time before looking back at Wonwoo.

'Did you break something?' he asked. Seungkwan suppressed his laughter.

'No! This is my new lure! What do you think? I designed it myself!' said Wonwoo. Mr Boo looked at Seungkwan for help but his son quickly turned away to hide his smile.