Fish Fever 1/4

A/N: I originally wasn't planning to write this episode, but then I thought: hm, this book doesn't have enough chaos in it, and I also wanted to challenge myself a little bit. So, let's get into this!

.

As you might have already noticed, there's no such thing as a normal day in BooSeokSoon's merman lives.

And that day wasn't an exception either.

It all started with Seungkwan's new obsession with landscaping his new fish tank.

.

Seokmin's eyes scanned the bottom of the sea as he finally reached the area of Mako Island. The sea was beautiful blue and crystal clear, and colorful fish were swimming everywhere he looked.

A turtle swam past him, barely sparing any attention to the merman. Seokmin swam over to it and continued following it for a few more seconds, enjoying the salty water mess up his black hair and the sunshine from above reflect on the scales of his graceful blue fishtail. Then he heard the familiar clicks of the dolphins and he grinned, greeting his favorite swimming buddies (other than his best friends, Seungkwan and Soonyoung, of course).

He began following the dolphins around, grabbing the bigger one's fin. Swimming with dolphins was one of the things he enjoyed the most about being half merman.

He let go of the dolphin and swam between the corals, watching fish swim around him. It all reminded him of Seungkwan's fish tanks where his youngest friend was collecting different typest of fish and corals. He also remembered of how Seungkwan now has a new fish, a pretty orange one to be exact. Seeing that he is going over to the younger's place tonight, why not bring him something for the new tank?

The merman's eyes scanned the bottom, until he spotted a small pretty coral that seemed to be just perfect for Seungkwan's new fish tank. As he reached for it, he also remembered of how they have to check when is the full moon. He didn't want to screw things up. Again.

He flinched and pulled his finger away, seeing the small cut on it that the coral made as he was careless while being deep in thoughts. He grimaced and sucked his index finger, then reached for the coral again, successfully picking it up this time.

Oh, Seungkwan's fish is going to love this!

.

'Woah, it looks epic!' said Seungkwan excitedly. He was wearing his rubber gloves and had a pair of forceps in his hand, using them to put his new colorful coral inside the fish tank. His new fish, who was circling around it looked completely unfazed by the new decorating element, and to Seokmin it looked like his best friend was much more giddy about the coral than the actual inhabitant of the fish tank.

'Then it was worth cutting my finger with it' sighed Seokmin, looking at the red scratch on his finger before grabbing a dinosaur bandaid to cover it with it.

'Seriously, thanks for it! I really needed something for my new fish tank. And more importantly, it suits Hector's eyes!' said Seungkwan, examining the fish and the new coral. Hoshi, who was meanwhile sitting by the maknae's desk busying himself with cutting out pictures of a SHINEE interview in a magazine, stood up and leaned closer to the tank.

'It doesn't' he said. Seungkwan rolled his eyes.

'You have no sense for this, hyung' he waved it off. 'Doesn't matter anyways. Hector loves it. Look how excited he is!'

'This is his excited face?' asked Hoshi skeptically. The fish looked to be as enthusiastic as a rock. Because fish don't make faces.

'Let him be, hyung' said Seokmin. He picked up a small container from Seungkwan's nightstand, examining it. 'Are you guys coming over to my place tomorrow night? My parents will be out so I have the house to myself' he said and took off the lid of the container. He was met with the strong smell of anchovies.