Fish Fever 3/4

A/N: HAPPY MINGYU DAY!! <333

I'm not home when this chapter goes out, this is a very busy weekend for me and from now on things will go crazy in my life with uni and everything. Also, I'll be back to the once-a-week updates, so expect new chapters every Saturday like usual. I hope you will like this part! ^^

.

'Now can we talk about what the actual godforsaken fuck happened to Seokmin?!' asked Hoshi.

The four best friends were gathered in Seokmin's bedroom after successfully getting the mentioned boy out of the shark pool. Seokmin was now sitting on his bed, eating tuna straight from the can with empty tuna cans around him, humming to himself, barely acknowledging the other three.

'I don't get it! It's not full moon, and it's the middle of the day! When did he start acting like this?' asked Wonwoo with concern.

'This morning. But last night he was also acting quite hyper, but we thought it was his usual self getting rid of the school stress' admitted Seungkwan. 'We were doing karaoke at my place.'

Seokmin meanwhile finished off another can of tuna and was now looking at the vase of colorful flowers on his nightstand as if he was hypnotized by them. He held the vase and sniffled the flowers.

'I'm thirsty' he announced out of nowhere. Wonwoo sighed.

'Okay, I'll get you a glass of water-'

Before he could've finished the sentence, Seokmin suddenly held the vase up and poured the water (and the flowers) on his own head, making him and his bed get all soaked. The three boys gasped and watched helplessly as 10 seconds later Seokmin transformed into his merman form.

'Much better' he giggled lying in his bed.

'This is totally out of hand' shook his head Seungkwan.

'Guys, look at his tail!' exclaimed Hoshi. Seungkwan and Wonwoo both turned to look at Seokmin's tail and their faces paled. His tail was fading out. A lot of his scales were almost white instead of their usual intense blueish greenish color.

'I don't get it' repeated Wonwoo quietly. He went closer and touched Seokmin's tail. It didn't feel different from usual. He glanced at the merman's arms for a second, then swiftly moved to hold Seokmin's hand before he would've pulled away. His arm was looking weird. As if he had scales even on his forearms... and between his fingers Wonwoo also spotted some membrane-like things.

'What is happening to him?' whispered Seungkwan in terror.

'He's been acting so weird... he grew these swimming membranes and his scales look like if he was ill! Not to mention he's been eating fish like a hungry piranha the whole day-' said Wonwoo. Seungkwan's ears basically perked up at his choice of words.

'Wait- piranha?!' he gasped. 'Hector!!'

Wonwoo looked at him in confusion, but Hoshi immediately understood what he meant.

'Hector... Seungkwan's fish has similar symptoms' said the oldest slowly.

'He's been starving the whole day no matter how much food I gave him... and remember, hyung, before Wonwoo hyung called us I told you that his scales were getting whiter!' said Seungkwan in panic.

'You're implying that Seokmin and Hector have the same illness?' asked Wonwoo. In any other situation it would've sounded stupid as fuck, but seeing that Seokmin is a merman - so technically half fish - unfortunately it was a possibility.

'But how?' thought out loud Hoshi. 'I mean, what else could connect Seokmin and a fish other than their scales and their... fishness?' Seungkwan looked at Seokmin as all of them were deep in thoughts. The older was now staring at his own hand with a pout on his face, then sucked his index finger. Seungkwan inhaled sharply as the dots connected in his head.