The One That Got Away 2/5

A/N: The first half of my midterm exams will be over in 10 days (if I survive until then) and the second half will be done in the beginning of January, so I was hoping that between Christmas and February I'll be able to update the book twice a week like I used to, I hope you'd like that :)

Btw, my best friend is into motocross and trail bikes but I'm really not an expert, so this (and karate) is again a topic where I'm trying to sound like someone who knows what they are doing but in reality I really have no idea lol

Trigger warning: this episode isn't meant to promote toxic masculinity in any way, this is just a joke. All bois are perfect the way they are ><

.

CODE: HOSHI
TIME: THURSDAY 3 PM

Hoshi probably shouldn't have gone back to the cycling rink. Even he didn't know why he actually did. But there he was now, the next day, sitting on the bleachers once again, inhaling the smell of gas and dirt, watching the trail cycles go around, fly in the air for a few seconds then land on the other side of the ramp, sand swirling in the hot afternoon air.

Was he there because he was intrigued by the bikes and the tricks? Or was it because of a certain tall black haired boy who was glancing over at him from his motorbike from time to time without him realizing? Hoshi wasn't so sure.

He was never into bikes by the way.

He leaned against the railing as he watched the bikers, following Mingyu with his eyes as he rode through the rink like a professional. Hoshi never knew the younger was so good at this.

Mingyu drove his bike out of the rink at the end of his round and rode over to Hoshi. He stopped the engine and took his helmet off. His hair was messy with sweat and Hoshi really felt the urge to run his fingers through the younger's black locks.

Mingyu smirked when he caught Hoshi staring and swept his hair out of his face. He held his helmet out for the older.

'Want a ride?' he raised an eyebrow. Hoshi shook his head immediately.

'Not interested' he crossed his arms, copying Mingyu's expression. Mingyu lowered the helmet and chuckled.

'Then why are you here for the second day in a row, hm?' he asked. Hoshi was about to give a snarky comment, but he realized that he was caught. Really, why is he coming back all the time? Mingyu grinned. 'Just admit you're here because of me, hyung' he leaned against his motorbike. Hoshi rolled his eyes.

'Again, Kim, the world doesn't only revolve around you.'

'It might not, but you do' said Mingyu cheekily. 'You still like me, Hoshi.'

'In your dreams' answered Hoshi right away, trying to protect his pride.

'I am surely dreaming then' sang Mingyu, then put his helmet back on. Hoshi shook his head in disbelief and turned away, only hearing the engine buzzing again. He watched from the corner of his eye as Mingyu rode the bike back inside the rink.

He was not letting the younger win this one. It took Mingyu months to earn his trust and Hoshi gave him his heart, only for Mingyu to betray him like no one else did before. It's not something you can forgive that simply. But deep down Hoshi also knew that what Mingyu did wasn't intentional and despite everything they've been through, somehow he still liked the younger. It was easy to deny it when they didn't see each other for weeks, but now Hoshi was drawn to the place where he knew he could meet Mingyu. It was getting harder to act like he is not affected by him at all.

Mingyu was riding towards a ramp, probably about to show off some trick to impress Hoshi. The older leaned back against the railing and watched his every movement. But then Mingyu measured the distances wrongly and his bike slipped on the sand. Hoshi gasped when he saw the bike fall and Mingyu roll on the ground several meters, only to stop laying on his back unconsciously.