Twenty-Two- Negotiations

Phil walked into the hotel with a bit of a heavy heart. He really hadn't, fully intended to place her hand there. Maybe subconsciously but definitely not on purpose. Well...ok maybe just a tad bit on purpose...but he really had enjoyed their time together, as much as he didn't want to admit it he loved holding her hand. And that moment however brief when they were oh so close, her on top of him, him on top of her, he hoped she hadn't felt his...excitement.

"Reservation for Phil Brooks" he muttered to the brunette at the front desk.

"Ah yes Mr. Brooks, single queen sized bed," he spaced out as she spoke, until she handed him the cardkey.

"I'm sorry what?"

"6th floor, room 655, odd numbers on the right, even numbers on the left, will you need help with your luggage?" Her British accent ringing in his ears, he had almost forgotten he was in London, he was that lost in his thoughts of Ruby. She was giving him a weird look, similar to the one the cab driver had given him, he shrugged it off. Maybe they just recognized him? He was used to that , he was after all a former WWE champion.

"No I'm fine" he took the key and headed for the elevator. The people in the elevator have him the same look. What the hell was going on? That definitely wasn't a look of recognition it was a look of "what the hell is that?!".

"Mummy! What's on that blokes forehead?!" Asked a little boy who was hanging off of his mother in the elevator.

"Ssh! Henry we don't point things out about people it's rude" hissed his mother as the elevator opened on floor 5, they stepped out

"But mummy!" Little Henry whined as the doors closed Then it hit him. The hickey. He quickly threw his hood on over his head.

"Damn it Ruby!" He growled under his breath as he got off on is floor. Now he had to figure out how to get it covered before his match.

Ruby sat nervously in Vince's office, she had succeeded in covering the hickey Punk had given her in the cab since she hadn't had enough time to check in to her hotel. Vince had managed to "fit her in" at 10am. She knew in reality he wasn't that busy he just wanted to intimidate her. Triple H had seated her and now they were waiting for Vince. It was honestly kind of awkward.

"How was your flight?" Oh so he was trying to make small talk greaaaaat.

"Long...yours?"

"Same" he nodded, awkward silence followed before he spoke again. "look Ruby I know we haven't gotten along but, I want you to know I think you're an incredibly talented young lady, and I'm glad you're not going to let that go to waste" well that was surprising

"Uh thanks...I guess...and honestly it's never been anything against you personally...it's just well..." She didn't want to say anything she'd regret. He nodded

"I understand."

"Nice to see you two getting along" Boomed Vince smiling from the door, they both stood immediately until he sat unbuttoning his suit jacket. "Sit" he motioned, they sat. "Ruby it's good to see you've come to your senses"

"Well...not necessarily..." She started he looked at her confused. "I came here to negotiate"

"What?" Vince growled, Ruby cleared her throat as she tried maintain her composure.

"Vince, you didn't think I'd give in that easily did you? Everyone knows I'm not one to give in easily, that's why I'm Ruthless" she smiled sweetly. Vince looked pissed, Triple H looked amused.

"What makes you think you'll be able to negotiate?" Vince growled.

"Not much, but it's worth a try. I haven't made it this far without some risk taking." She sat back, wiggling in her chair as of she were getting comfortable to do some serious negotiating.