Twenty-Nine- Loss

Ruby pushed the shopping car along the aisles, leaning forward as she cooed at the little blonde infant clapping happily in the seat.

"Wooby woo is so precious!" She sang in the sing song voice she used only for her, Jeff followed beside her, his arm slung around her waist loosely.

"Bee!" Squealed little Ruby as she motioned to herself, causing Jeff and Ruby to laugh. Anyone could've easily mistaken them for a family, in fact an old woman at that moment smiled at them,

"What a lovely family you have!" She gushed,Ruby blushed a Jeff nodded politely,

"Thank you" he smiled politely as they kept walking, he kissed her softly o the lips, Ruby still couldn't get over how unashamed he was to be intimate in public with her. It was the Saturday before her birthday and she had to say she had gotten one of the best presents life could've ever given her. Jeff was hers. He loved her as like she loved him, and hopefully just as much. She got little butterflies everytime she thought about it or it could be guilt. It was a bittersweet feeling really. "Rube you ok?" Jeff leaned in and asked, Ruby blinked.

"What?"

"You spaced out for a second there." He laughed

"Oh sorry," she shook her head before tucking a loose piece of hair behind her ear,

"No worries, it was adorable" he smiled radiantly before leaning into kiss her again, she turned her head. "What's wrong?" He asked confused.

"Not in front of Bee, Jeff" she motioned at Bee who was looking at them smiling "I don't want her to be confused."

"Yeah you're right" he nodded, "so what else is on the list?" She checked, they're were doing some Grocery shopping getting the essentials after she noticed his fridge was pretty much empty when she was cleaning up his house.

"Uh..." She looked over the list checking things off, "milk"

"Aw man but the milk is all the way on the other side of the store" he pouted, she laughed

"Fine Bee and I will go get the milk" she laughed "you can go get the..." She looked around they were surrounded by fruit and vegetables. "Well basically what ever you want from here" she shrugged

"Alright" he smiled triumphantly, Ruby glanced at Bee who was busy playing with the stuffed fox Ruby had bought her, before grabbing Jeff and giving him a quick kiss before scurrying away leaving him there stunned a smile pulling at his lips as he watched disappear around a corner.

"What kind of milk should we get Bee?" She cooed, Bee just laughed as they walked across the store, Ruby hoped they wouldn't think she had kidnapped the little golden haired, green eyed infant, but people seemed to look at them in admiration as she passed. Finally she found herself in the dairy section, slightly shivering from the cold. "Brrr" she pretended to shiver,

"Br" copied Bee laughing before yawning, Ruby shook off her leather jacket and draped it around Bee's little shoulders who snuggled in its warmth, hugging the stuffed fox to her cheek.

"Ok back to business" Laughed Ruby after snapping a picture of Bee's cuteness, then turned to the milk "I'm gonna assume full milk for you," she grabbed a gallon "and 2% for me and maybe your dad?" She grabbed a half gallon and placed them into the cart pushing it along as she looked at the yogurt and cheeses, when she accidentally bumped into someone with the cart. "Oh sorry" she muttered not looking up as she ensured Bee was still asleep.

"Rue it seems we have a habit of finding each other", she looked up her eyes wide as her heart started beating faster and she found those ever familiar hazel green eyes, the ones she hadn't thought of in days, looking deeply into hers. She tried to find her voice but realized she couldn't form words. He was now standing less than a foot away from her, as he leaned in smiling smugly "cat got your tongue Rue?" She managed to shake her head no and silently begged that Jeff wouldn't come at this moment. She instead tried to make a run for it but he grabbed her arm stopping her. He clucked his tongue "Rue, I never took you for one to run away." She glared at him.