ONE

THE FOUR of them stood there, not sure of what to do. "Do we call the police?" Mandy asked, frantically looking around for some sort of protection. "Two things could go wrong with the police." Baylen started.
"For one, they won't believe us. For two, even if we did, Nolan has many people working for him that we don't know of and they could potentially keep coming back." He ranted, throwing his hands in the air.

Blue just stood there. This isn't happening. She thought over and over again. Please no. That's when she felt herself collapse.
"Shit. Blue." Vance immediately ran to her side, trying to hold her up as much as possible. "Gorgeous, hey, look at me." She didn't. She wasn't sure the people left but even if they did they would come back.

"Where the hell is the damn shot gun?!" Mandy yelled, making this situation even worse. Once the word gun fell from her mouth, Blue started crying.

Baylen looked at Vance as he held his sister. Vance didn't know what to do. Blue was in shambles, grabbing his shirt, trying to stop but the tears and sobs that ripped through her felt like they would never stop.
The girl started hyperventilating and that's when Mandy came over. "Blue! Vance, what's happening?" She asked, trying to pick her up from the ground.

"Shes having a panic attack can't you see?!" Vance yelled back, to stressed to think about the words flying out of his mouth. "Sit her on the sofa. I'll get water." He said, practically running to the kitchen, tripping over the rug first but getting right back up.

Baylen sat on the other side of Blue, rubbing small circles on her arm. "Breathe." He whispered. Vance came back, giving the water cup to Mandy. Blue was shaking to bad to hold it.

"Blue, I need you to calm down." Vance spoke softly, kneeling in front of her, placing his hands on her knees in a comforting manner.
The girl looked down at him through her teary eyes. "I can't- I can't do this again." She choked over her words as she tried to breathe but she was still hyperventilating.

Mandy and Baylen stayed silent, knowing Vance was the only way she was going to calm down. "I'm gonna be honest, I don't know what's going to happen but I swear on my life I won't let anything happen to you. I've broken that promise before but I swear." He kissed her hand then held it as she looked at him.

Finally, her breathing slowed and she was only heavily breathing through her nose. Her face was stained red with tears and she overall just looked a mess.
Vance looked at Mandy before they nodded at each other. "Come on." He said, standing up, holding his hand out for her.

Mandy and Baylen moved a bit so she could stand. The girl gave Vance a sad look before grabbing his hands as he pulled her up. He wrapped an arm around her waist as they walked back to her room.

Baylen and Mandy sat there in shock. "What the actual hell is happening?" The red head asked again, looking at her son to see if he knew. "Nolan's men are back for revenge."

~~~

"Blue, look at me. Now." Vance instructed for the tenth time. This time she finally obeyed. "There are your pretty eyes." He smiled softly causing her to smile a little. He brought his hand up to her face, wiping away any remaining tears.

"What do you think is going to happen?" Blue asked quietly, her throat sore for crying so much. "I haven't thought that far. But I can tell you, I won't leave you no matter what." He kissed her forehead before wrapping his arms around her.
"I love you." She mumbled softly, letting herself cling to him. "I love you too." He kissed the top of her head.

The two had no idea what they were getting themselves into. All Blue knew was that she'd be okay as long as Vance was there.

Blue looked up at him, smiling to herself. She knew the happy moments wouldn't last forever so she had to savor them as best she could.
She put her lips to his, catching him off guard. She pulled away, only wanting to do it for a little to show she cared but he reattached their lips almost immediately.

She pushed him onto her bed, going on top of him. Their lips were still moving in sync as she savored this sweet moment. It almost immediately took her mind off of what was happening which she was so very grateful for.

After a few moments she pulled away, out of breath but she still smiled at him. "Why'd you stop?" He laughed. "Because my mom and my brother are out in the living room." She laughed, rolling off of him and going to her closet.

"So? We've never, you know, done it. So why would this time be any different?" He asked, sitting up on his elbows. "Well after what just happened ten minutes ago I don't think my mother would appreciate me leaving them to make out with you." She shrugged, discarding the hoodie into her laundry basket.
"Fair enough." He shrugged, running a hand over his face. The girl shut her closet door, changing into a clean
t-shirt and jeans.

Once she walked out she sat next to Vance. "I'm scared." She sighed out. He grabbed her hand, leaning his head on her shoulder. "I thought everything that happened... happened. But I was stupid enough to think that if Nolan was gone they'd all leave me alone but no."
"Hey, hey, you're not stupid. They are disgusting men who want revenge for Nolan. And I swear if you die I'll die. I'm not joking, Blue."

The girl knew he wasn't lying. The thing with Vance is that when he gets attached to someone he is willing do anything for them.
He had never been in love before but now that he was he was too afraid to lose it.

Blue didn't have anything else to say. Good thing she didn't because Baylen barged in. "I have something you might want to see." Blue hesitantly walked out of her room, holding Vance's hand tightly.

The two walked to where Mandy was in the kitchen, standing around the kitchen table. A paper with bright red letters caught Blues eye.
"It's a damn threat paper. Jesus." Blue said, grabbing at her hair. "Well they won't be back for the next 24 hours which means you gotta go." Blue wanted to cry at her mothers words.

She didn't want to leave her home again, not knowing if she'd ever come back or not. But that seemed like the only option at this point.

"Wait, you're not coming?" She asked, her eyes starting to water again. "Sweetheart, I can't. If they hurt or take me I don't care. I just need you to be safe." She replied, placing her hands on her daughters shoulder.

"I'm going to give you a weapon. I know you already have a switchblade but it doesn't do much. I know I shouldn't trust a 16 year old with a gun but it's better to be safe than sorry." Mandy gave a sad smile.
Blue also gave a sad smile, giving Mandy a hug. "Go throw some stuff into a back pack. I'm assuming Vance is going with you?" The younger girl nodded.

Baylen went forward. "I'm coming to." Everyone looked at him. "Baylen no. I'm not putting you in more danger than you're already in." Blue protested.
        "I already am. Blue, I'm coming whether you like it or not." Blue looked at Vance than back at her brother.

"Fine. I'm gonna go get my things." She went to her room, throwing in clothes, her switch blade, her lighter, and her toothbrush. Vance walked in, grabbing the bag he always used when he went to her house.

"If we need to go to your house to grab stuff we can." She told him, throwing her bag over her shoulder. "No, we need to get out of here as fast as we can." He replied, stuffing all the clothes he had which wasn't much.
    "Here. You take the blade." She said, pulling it out and handing it to him. "You sure? Remember your mom is giving you a-." "Right. You take the gun and I'll take the blade." Instead of putting it in her bag she put it in her pocket.

Blues eyes trailed down to his wrist that was wearing the bracelet. She smiled before feeling her neck which had his necklace. Now if they got split up they'd always be together.

The two walked out to be greeted with Baylen. "Ready?" She asked him. "I don't know. Should I be?" "You're never ready for the shit those people throw at you." She replied with no emotion.
   "Okay, here." Mandy said, handing Blue the gun. She took it but immediately gave it to Vance.

"You two still have that Jeep?" She asked. "Uh James kinda took it." Vance mumbled. Blue mentally face palmed at that. "Well get it back. Blue here's some cash." Blue took the money and put it in a safe place.
Before anything else happened a knock on the door startled them. "Blue it's Clara! We're supposed to hang out today!"

~~~

A/N: first chapter! I have so many plans for this book holy shit. I also wanted to say (like I said in book 1) there will be no smut but just more "intimate" moments if that's what you wanna call it but I feel any teenager is gonna make out you know? So just wanted to make that clear :)
Comment and vote x