SIXTEEN

THE NEXT day, Blue hadn't spoke a word to anyone. Sadie understood, not trying to force her to talk. Blue cried throughout the day but having Sadie's comfort to help.
     Now, Blue was sitting at the kitchen counter, drinking water like Sadie hold told her to. Noah and Mason were talking amongst themselves, Mason sneaking quick glances at Sadie every once in awhile.

Baylen was studying the photo of Vance, still not sure that he was actually dead. "How's she doin?" Noah asked Sadie as she sat next to Blue.
     "I'm assuming not good. She hasn't spoken a word since yesterday." She replied, leaning on the counter. "Yeah, we shouldn't expect her to talk anytime soon." Mason joined the conversation.

Blue stared straight ahead of her, finally finding words to speak. "He's not dead." Everyone looked at her almost immediately. "He can't be." She mumbled, staying completely still.
       "Blue..." Sadie sighed out, putting a hand on her back. She looked at the others with a shrug. They didn't know either. 

In Blues head, he wasn't dead. He was still alive somewhere. Yes, she saw the photo but she tried to pretend like it didn't exist. She refused to believe he was gone. It would have to take a lot more effort to try and kill Vance Hopper with one stab.

"He's not gone." She spoke again, smiling. Everyone looked at her with worry as she stood up. "He's fine. Perfectly fine. Come on, what was I thinking? He can't be dead." She kept smiling, going to get more water.
       No one said anything. "You guys agree, right?" She asked, turning around. "Um... sure." Sadie smiled, not wanting to ruin her mood.

"Kids!" An annoying voice shouted. They all looked over at who yelled. Nolan. "We're not kids." Sadie seethed, moving closer to Blue.
       "Okay well, I have someone who has been dying to see you." He said enthusiastically, stepping aside to let Mandy through.

"Mom." The two siblings whispered in disbelief. "My babies." She whispered back, tears starting to form in her eyes. Baylen and Blue ran into her arms, tears starting to pour from their eyes.

The other three smiled happily, watching their reunion. Nolan rolled his eyes, putting his hands in front of him. When they pulled away Blue noticed a few cuts and bruises on her face.
        "What happened?" She mumbled. "He happened." Mandy said, nodding her head towards Nolan. "But it's okay. I'm fine. Are you two okay?" Mandy asked worriedly, searching their faces for any traces of cuts or bruises.

"Yep." Blue smiled. Baylen gave a sad smile before nodding. Mandy automatically knew what it was about. "Okay, so, all of you have permission to wander around the house whenever you want. But, it's highly secured and if you try escaping we'll know. We understand?" Nolan asked rocking on his feet.

"Yes." They all replied. Freedom went back up a little which everyone was happy about. "Okay, I'm gonna tell you all everything." The red head said, motioning them to go to the room she was staying in.
        They all took their places, waiting for her to talk. "He told me not to tell you but I'm going to anyways. So, if you're wondering how that bitch got out, he bribed the cops with money. Ironic." Mandy told them, rolling her eyes.

They all nodded before she spoke again. "An important thing you should know is that Vance, he's not dead." Everyone felt a wave of confusion hit them.
        "Wait... what?" Blue asked, shaking her head a little. "Yep, he ain't dead. He's being held hostage at an old warehouse shack thingy. But he will be if we don't save him." She told them, being serious about the last part.