TWENTY SEVEN

THE DAY before Halloween had arrived

THE DAY before Halloween had arrived. The dance. Blue wasn't as excited as Clara was but she tried her best to have a good attitude just for her best friends sake.

The two were in the middle of getting their costumes on at Blues house. Clara's parents were over to, talking with Mandy and Colby.
They had music playing on Blues stereo. They also had Sadie doing their makeup and hair just because they asked her to.

"You two are going to look so good!" Sadie shouted happily, spraying hair spray on Blues hair. She was wearing a bright blue sweater and flare jeans to match one of Farrah Fawcett's photo shoots.

Sadie moved to do Blues makeup. It was light but not which makes no sense but I'm Blues mind it did. "Done!" Sadie exclaimed, standing up and smiling at Blue.
     The girl stood up, looking at herself in the mirror. She looked completely different. Her hair was blown out instead of just being straight, her makeup was done better than it ever had been, and her outfit fit perfectly.

"Thank you so much, Sadie." Blue smiled at the blonde. "Of course. Clara, you're next!" Clara excitedly sat down in the chair in her Sandy Olsson costume. A strapless black top paired black skinny jeans is what Clara was wearing. She also had a black jacket on that was red on the inside.

Sadie curled Clara's hair to perfection before having her put in gold hoops. The blonde did her makeup and she was finished. She joined Blue at the mirror and they both smiled like little kids.
        Clara thanked Sadie before they headed downstairs to be greeted with cameras in their faces. "Smile!" Clara's mom shouted as the moms got the cameras ready.

Sadie quickly got out of the way as the two girls side hugged and smiled. Clara's mom and Mandy took multiple photos until it was time for them to leave.
Colby drove them, picking up Bruce first. He was dressed as Danny Zuko, also from Grease. Clara and Bruce had discussed it at school the day before.

The three teens sat in the back, talking about the dance and who they'd want to dance with. Part of Blue didn't want Vance to be there. Then she thought about if they were still together.
     She'd most likely beg him to dance with her to whatever Halloween music they played. But she couldn't.

She tried to stop thinking about him and continue talking to Bruce and Clara. Colby dropped them off at the school, telling Blue to be careful and call if she needed anything.

They walked in, giving some other kids their tickets. They were let in, looking at all the decorations that littered the gym. "Wowza." Blue whistled, scanning the room full of teenagers. "More people came than I thought." Clara spoke, hand in hand with Bruce.

They walked in front of her, going to get punch and that's when Blue notice their intertwined hands. She smiled at her friends before following them.
They got their drinks before just standing around and sipping on them. Blue finished hers first then did Clara. "Dance m'lady?" Blue smirked, holding out her hand for Clara.