TWENTY EIGHT

HALLOWEEN AT last

HALLOWEEN AT last. Clara was talking to Blue as they walked in the hallways until a girl named Tina stopped them. "Halloween party tonight at 6:00." The curly head smiled, handing each of them a flyer.

"Thanks." Clara gave a friendly smile. Once they passed her, Blue crumbled the orange paper, stuffing it into her jacket pocket.
      "Why'd you do that?" Clara asked, looking at her own paper. "Because, usually me and Bay- well um... usually I'd just go harass little kids trick-or-treating. And party's aren't my thing either." Blue shrugged, looking at her best friend as they continued walking.

"Why?" Clara whined. "It's the one night a year where we can just go have fun without the worry of adults. Plus, Tina's parties are the best in Denver." The red head tried to convince Blue.
      "Get Bruce to go." Blue shrugged again, leaning against a locker as Clara got into her own. "He's already going. Come on Blue, what's the worst that could happen?"

Blue already had thousands of answers. "Actually, don't answer that." Clara immediately regretted her choice of words. The brunette nodded, looking at the ground.

"But seriously, it won't be fun without you." She said, closing her locker shut and looking her best friend in the eye. "Please. For me?" Clara smiled.
      Blue sighed, standing up right. "Fine." Clara squealed, hugging the girl. "Thank you!" She shouted before letting go. Blue smiled back.

Before they could walk to class a voice called to Blue. "Ms. Parker?" She turned around, looking at principle Anderson. "Bye Clara." Clara waved bye and continued walking.

"Ms. Parker, this is Julie. Julie this is Blue." Blue looked up at the red head. She looked nice and not to mention beautiful. "Hi Blue." She gave a friendly smile, putting her hand out for Blue to shake.
The girl shook it, waiting for someone to say something. "She's the school's counselor. Just thought this would be a good time to introduce you two. First session starts next Wednesday."

With that, Blue nodded and they let her go back to class.

~~~

After school, Colby picked up Blue only because he offered. Blue walked out, seeing his truck in the parking lot. She grabbed her bike, walking over and putting it into the bed of the truck.

"Hey kiddo." He smiled as she got in. "Hey Colby." She smiled back, buckling. "How was school? Oh and happy Halloween." Blue just shrugged.
"You know, boring. I have a therapy session next Wednesday. That'll be interesting." She ranted, looking out of the window.

"And happy Halloween." She added with a smile. "I'm glad your getting help. After the things you've gone through, you should've gotten it a lot sooner." He replied, pulling into their neighborhood.

"I know. I just... didn't want to bring up harsh memories, you know?" She asked, looking at the houses that were decorated to the brim with Halloween decorations.
Colby nodded, pulling the truck into the garage. Usually, he'd park it on the street but since it was Halloween he decided to be nice and just put it inside.