ELEVEN

MORNING WAS quick to arrive

MORNING WAS quick to arrive. Vance woke up to an empty bed which surprised him. He sat up quickly once he realized she was gone.
      He rubbed his eyes, standing up and running out into the hallway. As he was running he hit his arm on a sharp corner of the dresser. He groaned but still ran out.

He looked down the hallway but there was no signs of people. The boy ran a hand over his face, stumbling out and down the stairs.
"Hello?" He asked tiredly. No response. He walked into the kitchen to see Noah. "Hey." Noah mumbled as he sipped his coffee. Vance waved awkwardly.

"Where is everybody?" The curly head asked, leaning against the counter. "I think Ali said something about grocery shopping. I don't know, I was half asleep." He responded.

Vance looked confused. "But they'll be back soon." The other blonde added. "This place is sick. Ali's your mom, right?" He nodded. "Are y'all rich?" He asked again, placing the cup down. Vance stood up straight, looking around before back at him.
"Not at all. We're anything but rich." The younger boy answered. "Then how'd she pay for this?" Noah asked another question.

"She won't tell me. She's acting real weird right now and I seriously have no idea why." Vance told him honestly. "We're home!" Ali yelled as she walked in.
The boys walked out of the kitchen, looking at the group. Blue gave Vance a hug and he hesitantly hugged back. "Sorry I left so early. I didn't want to wake you." She apologized, looking up at him.

"It's fine. What did you guys get?" He asked. Blue pulled away from him, standing at his side. "Bullets." Ali replied nonchalantly. Vance's eyes widened, looking over at Mason.
"We're gonna practice our aim." She smiled. Blue looked at Vance, knowing he was probably angry at his mother. "Can we talk?" He asked Ali. "Sure sweetie."

~~~

A few hours later, they all stood outside, aiming and shooting at targets. Blue moved the gun up towards the red target, Ali besides her to help get her aim right.
"A little up. Shoot." She did. Blue felt uneasy about this but if the time came, she'd be able to protect herself. The others went and when Vance's turn came he completely shrugged off his mom.

He raised the gun with a firm hold, pretending the target was Nolan. "A little to the left." Ali tried to instruct him but he didn't listen.
Instead he shot it right into the middle left. Right where someone's heart would be. The woman clenched her jaw, adjusting her over coat.

"You didn't listen to me." She told him with a frustrated tone. Vance threw the gun on the ground, angrily turning towards her. "And you didn't listen to me. Who even are you?" He asked, his voice clear.

Ali narrowed her eyes at him, anger building up at his tone of voice. Everyone watched as this argument slowly got worse.
"I am your mother. Don't speak to me that way. It's your fault you messed that shot up." She seethed. Vance scoffed, backing up before throwing his hands in the air. "Yeah, because it's always my fault!" He yelled, pointing at his chest.