THIRTY FIVE

VANCES HEART stopped when he saw who was at the door

VANCES HEART stopped when he saw who was at the door. "Hey kiddo." Without a second thought, the boy immediately slammed himself into the man's embrace.

His father.

What the hell was happening?

Vance didn't care about all the crazy things happening at the moment. All he cared about was that he had his dad back and was in his arms.
          Ali and the man stared at him, not knowing what to say or do. Ben looked down at his son. He was so grown up from the last time he had seen him. His little boy wasn't so little anymore.

"Benjamin." Ali seethed, holding the towel closer to her body. "Alison." He replied, still holding Vance close. "What the hell are you doing here?"
            "I thought about my, excuse my language, shitty decision of leaving you two." He replied truthfully. "But it seems like you already got him here." Ben stated, mentioning the random man standing next to Ali.

Ali immediately turned towards this man. "Leave." He seemed offended but just hurried to get his clothes on and left. "I'll be right out." The woman disappeared back into her room, leaving the father and son alone.

As Ben tried walking in, Vance wouldn't let go. The man laughed a bit. "Buddy." He said, patting his back. Vance looked up at him with an expression that wasn't quite readable.
          "Are you mad at me?" Ben whispered. Vance nodded. "Why did you leave?" He asked through gritted teeth. "I'll explain all of that when Ali comes back out."

Truth was, Vance was really upset but happy at the same time.

He was beyond happy his dad was back but another part of him knew nothing would be the same again.
He wondered if Ali would continue her disgusting hookups or if she would stop and work things out with Ben. But that first option was looking pretty reasonable.

Ali walked back out, finally wearing actual clothing. "You can sit." She mumbled to Ben as she sat down to. Vance followed, only wanting to hear him explain himself.

It was awkward to say the least. No one said anything until Vance spoke up. "You gonna talk?" He asked his dad, tapping his fingers on the table.
          "I don't expect you guys to forgive me. What I did hurt you two, I know that. I did what I thought was right." He explained.

"And why was leaving right?" Ali snapped. "I had my own problems." He answered, his jaw tightening. "Oh yeah? Like what?" The woman asked, leaning back and crossing her arms.
          Vance listened to them argue back and forth. He didn't want to anymore when they started raising their voices. The boy stood up, going to his room.

He shut his door, sitting on his bed. Soon enough, their voices started getting even louder. Vance wouldn't be surprised if it turned into a screaming match.

He grabbed at his hair before plugging his ears. It didn't really do anything though. His thoughts were racing at this point and he didn't know how to feel about Ben being back.

This is the moment Vance realized he wished he had a sibling. When Baylen was still alive, he saw just how much he loved his sister.
Baylen would go through hell and back for Blue and technically did. He refused to leave her side even if that meant he got hurt. And unfortunately he did. But she would've done the same thing for him.

Vance wished he had that. It was the same with Finney and Gwen and Bruce and Amy. They all had someone to lean on at all times. Sure he had Blue and that was everything to him but he still wished he had a sibling who was available 24/7.

The boy was honestly shocked he didn't have a sibling. With how much Ali hooked up with random guys he was surprised their wasn't a baby yet. Even if there was, he'd probably hate it.
Yeah, he wanted a sibling but a sibling that grew up with him. But those wishes were never ever gonna happen.

Suddenly, the boy heard the screaming he had anticipated. He stood up, yanking open his door. He saw Ali standing in front of Ben, shoving her finger into his chest while screaming at him.
"Fuck you and your shitty excuses!" She screamed but he immediately yelled back. "And you're any better, Ali?!" He yelled, neither of them paying attention to their son who stood with anger.

"At least I stuck around!" She turned around, stopping when she saw Vance. Her heart sank as she saw how his eyes were in slits and his jaw clenched.

His pupils were dilated and his fist were balled up. "Vance." She whispered, slowly walking to him but stopped when he started talking.
"You both suck. I mean, mom, you sleep around. I bet you've fucked every guy at your work. Not to mention you are the biggest liar I know! I still don't forgive you for turning us in and letting me get tortured." He started.

Ali looked down, ashamed. "I hope that guilt eats away at you. You know you could've prevented that. You used to be the one thing keeping me from hitting rock bottom and now you're the cause of it." He ranted, before looking at Ben.

"And dad, you left. Willingly. No warning, you just left. And if you're going to 'prove' you can be a good dad, have fun with that. All we share is the same last name." Vance looked at them, hurt evident in his eyes but he quickly made it go away.

He immediately regretted saying all that. He never ranted like that and especially in front of his parents. He was thinking he should wash his mouth out with soap.
Before Blue, he didn't feel anything but anger. But the girl made his other feelings shine through. Part of him hated it and the other part loved it.

The boy went to his room again, this time locking it and laying down. Sleep was the only way to escape his thoughts.

While falling asleep, he tried to think of the only thing that made him happy. Blue.

Since the day he saw her, he never would've thought he would end up like this. Completely in love, willing to do anything for her. He felt helpless sometimes. If Blue told him to walk off a cliff blindfolded, he'd do it.
She didn't even know the power she held over him. But he didn't know the power he held over he either.

~~~

A/N: do I where I'm going with this? No.
Comment and vote x