FIFTEEN

THE FIVE of them were let outside in the back to have some fresh air. Whoever's house this was they had a croquet setup.
      Mason, Sadie, and Blue were playing while Noah tried to catch lizards and Baylen read a book he found in the room.

A few people walked out of the mansion, standing in front of someone. Everyone except Noah looked over, stopping what they were doing.
"Guys look! Look! I caught one!" Noah shouted, running over but tripping over nothing, making the lizard escape his hands.

He looked over at the men, giving them a lopsided smile before Baylen kicked him. The blonde immediately stood up, standing next to Mason. "My bad." He coughed as he spoke, covering up his embarrassment.

Blue, Mason, and Sadie dropped their game tools, walking up next to Baylen. "Yes?" Sadie spoke since no one was saying anything.
Blues blood went cold when she saw him. Everyone else's jaws dropped except Noah.

Sadie's jaw tightened, Baylen put his hands in fists, and Mason was just sick of this. "Him?! Again? I thought we were done with whatever the hell this guys name is!" Mason shouted, pointing one of his crutches at Nolan.

"Miss me?" Nolan smirked, walking forwards. "Stay the hell away from us." Blue demanded, anger clouding her mind. "Haven't changed. What I thought." He laughed, looking up before back at them.
Baylen had moved closer to his sister, wanting to make sure if Nolan pulled anything he'd be the one to get hurt.

"Where is Vance?" Blue seethed, barely moving her mouth as she spoke. "Oh, him? Darling, do you really want to know?" "Don't you fucking call her that!" Sadie yelled, going to swing at him but Noah and Baylen held her back.
The other men held their guns at her which made her stop also but she was still in rage.

"Well, your little friend, boyfriend, whatever he is to y'all, is dead." Blue felt like she just took a knife to the heart. "No. You're fucking with me." Blue mumbled.
Nolan clasped his hands in front of him, giving them a 'sad' smile. Baylen felt is heart ache for his sister, grabbing her hand. She didn't hold back, to scared about if what he was saying was true.

"I even have photographic proof." He sighed out, grabbing a picture from his coat pocket. Blue held it with shaky hands, examining the picture.
Vance lay on the ground in the woods, covered in blood with a bloody knife besides him. Blues breath got caught in her throat, the world starting to go blurry from the tears.

Everyone else stared at the photo with sadness. Noah took a quick glance at it, throwing his hands up, looking away before dropping his arms. Blue let the picture fall to the ground just as she did, her knees hitting the pavement.

Sadie had started crying to, Mason dropping his crutches to catch her. Blue sobbed more than she ever had. Even when she got shot it was nothing compared to this.
She let out an ear piercing scream, grabbing at her chest, feeling her heart break into thousands of pieces. Baylen let a few tears fall, not really knowing what to do.

"I don't know what the hell is going on but you are a sick motherfucker." Noah seethed, pointing a finger at Nolan. The man just stood there with a slight smirk, shrugging.
"I didn't do it. Suicide." Those words hit Blues ears like a train wreck, causing more sobs to fall from her lips. Baylen stepped forward, grabbing the photo from the ground, taking a look at it before stuffing it into his pocket.

Mason and Sadie had also fallen to the ground. Sadie cried harder than she ever had. At this point, Blue couldn't even breathe. She was gasping for air, her hands pulling at her hair.

"I'll let you have your moment." Nolan said, him and his men walking back inside. "No!" Blue screamed again, looking up at the sky. The only boy she had ever loved that wasn't her brother was gone. Never coming back.
Noah looked down at Blue sadly, his lips pulled in, something he did when he tried not to cry.

Once Sadie pulled herself together for Blues sake she took to her side, pulling her close. Blue sobbed and sobbed until night fell upon them.
The others let them grieve, leaving after awhile. Blue cried for hours on end until she fell asleep in Sadie's arms. Her body felt drained which is why she had passed out in her arms.

Sadie waited till one of the boys came out so they could help her inside. Thankfully, it was Noah's turn. With Masons leg still broke he couldn't help and Baylen... well Sadie didn't want him seeing his sister like this.

Noah walked out, Sadie looking up at him. "Can you carry her upstairs? I don't want her to wake up." She whispered. "Yeah." He replied, going over and carefully picking up the girl.
Sadie opened the door again, Noah carrying her inside. The guards around the house kept a close eye on them.

Noah put the girl down in the bed, pulling the blanket on top of her. "Goodnight Sadie." Noah whispered, waving bye as he left. The maid who took care of their room locked it, escorting him back to his room.

Sadie looked at her sadly, getting under the blankets next to her. The blonde pulled Blue close, her "mother" instincts kicking in.
"It's gonna be okay." She whispered to Blue, playing with her hair and leaving a small kiss on her head. The blonde laid her head back, looking at the dark room.

Deep down she felt Vance wasn't dead. Nolan has done lots of things and would faking someone's death be one of them? Sure, the picture could be evidence but Sadie knew if Vance was gonna die he'd put up a damn good fight before.

She was exhausted, closing her eyes and drifting off to sleep. Blue had nightmares all night but she couldn't wake up from them. Some felt real and others didn't but still had an impact.
She woke up a few times, finding herself in Sadie's comfort which made her less scared, falling back asleep again.

~~~

A/N: y'all better be smart enough to know he ain't actually dead 😃
Comment and vote x