TWO

"SHIT, I forgot!" Blue panicked, opening the door just a bit so she couldn't see inside

"SHIT, I forgot!" Blue panicked, opening the door just a bit so she couldn't see inside. "Hey!" She gave a smile as Clara tried to look past her. "So we can't hang out today. Something came up." She technically was telling the truth.

"Oh. What came up?" She asked, shifting her weight onto her other foot. "Nothing of your concern." Blue felt her foot get kicked and looked back to see Baylen staring at her with wide eyes.
"Blue, come on. Don't lie to me." The red head begged. "I'm serious. Just go home please. I have to do something." With that Clara tried to open the door but Blue pushed it back as best she could.

"Why the fuck does Vance have a gun?!" She practically screamed. Baylen immediately rushed Vance into putting it away which he attempted but failed.
Blue instantly yanked Clara inside, pushing her against the door with her hand over the other girls mouth.

The red head looked at her like she had gone crazy. "Shut up! I have neighbors you know?!" Blue felt bad being rude to her best friend but she had no option.
Slowly, she lifted her hand up as Clara breathed heavily. Vance and Baylen watched anxiously.

"Tell me what the hell is going on." The girl spoke through gritted teeth. Blue sighed, backing up as Clara regained her balance.

She explained what was happening and by the end of it Clara was not even surprised. "Not this bullshit again." She said, hitting her head against the wall multiple times.
"Yeah..." Blue breathed out, playing with her fingers. "And we have to go. Now." Vance said, grabbing Blues hand and pulling her to the door. Baylen followed but Blue yanked her hand away from Vance and went back to Clara.

"I don't want you getting hurt again." Clara spoke on the verge of tears. "I can't promise anything." Blue gave a sad smile. "Then I'm coming with." Blue looked at her mom and Mandy nodded.

"But you don't have anything." Blue pointed out. "I came over here for a sleepover remember?" She asked, pointing to her bag on the front porch. "Right. Go with Baylen." She did as told.
      Blue went back over to her mom. "Promise me you'll call?" Mandy immediately nodded. "I'll be fine. Now go." Blue gave her one last hug before taking to Vance's side again.

The front door closed and they were on their way.

~~~

"Any plans?" Clara asked as they walked down to the pawn shop. "Nope." They all replied. Soon enough they arrived. "Let me go inside to distract him. There's a back door that leads to the break room. In there should be the keys. Take them and find the Jeep." Vance instructed and they all nodded.

The three of them crept around back, trying not to be visible in the windows. Once they reached it Baylen tried to open the door. "It's locked." Blue immediately looked around, finding a stone.
       She lifted it up then brought it back down onto the lock. "Gentleman first." She said, waving her hand for Baylen to go in.

Clara and Blue followed in after. They looked through desk drawers and shelves in search of the keys.

"Hey." Vance said, walking up to James who was behind the counter. "Hey man. Haven't seen ya in awhile." He smirked, spinning the toothpick he had in his mouth.
   "Yeah, it's been a while." Vance replied, leaning on the counter, starting small talk with him.

"Found them!" Clara called out, holding the keys up. "Shh!" Baylen and Blue hushed her. "My bad." She covered her mouth before they went back outside.
           "Okay, why the hell does he have so many cars back here?" Baylen asked as they crept around the car graveyard.

"Do you even have your license?" Clara asked Blue. "No but I've done it before I can do it again." She looked up and saw the Jeep in the same condition it was in before.

"Hi beautiful." She whispered to inanimate object as she walked up to it. Baylen and Clara gave each other a weird look as she said that.
            "Get in." They all hopped inside and Blue started it up. "Okay. Just pay attention." She spoke to herself.

She did the things she remembered and it started. "Could you go any slower?" Baylen asked from the back. "You try!" She snapped, pulling the car around the front.
       She honked the horn and Vance immediately perked his head up. "Uh my rides... I gotta... go." He took off running with James behind him.

The three of them had their windows down, shouting at the boy to hurry his ass up. He jumped into the passenger's seat and Blue sped off. "You bastards!" James shouted, running into the road and watching them drive off.

They all laughed but got focused again. "Blue. Stop the car." Clara instructed and Blue did as told.
       "You good?" She asked, looking back at her. "I can't go. I want to be able to help but my family-." "Clara, I much rather you stay here and be safe." Blue interrupted her.

Baylen looked at her before back outside. His slow developing crush on her was growing more and more. The idea of her staying home and being safe was the better option.

Blue dropped her off at her house. "Please be safe. All of you." She said before she went inside. "No promises." Blue sighed. "Love you." Love you to." With that they left again.

~~~

"Where to?" Blue asked as she mindlessly drove to nowhere. "Well we have two options." Vance replied, leaning on the center console.
    "One, the cabin. It might not be the safest option but it's something. Two, we could try and find Sadie." At that name she slammed on the brakes which caused Vance and Baylen to jolt forward.

"Tryna kill us? Jeez." Baylen said rubbing his neck. "That's exactly where we're going." With that she drove off, in search of their long lost friends.

~~~

A/N: shorter chapter :) I wanted Clara to go but then I'd have to write in more character parts and I'm to lazy 😃
Comment and vote x