TWENTY FIVE

BLUE WOKE up the next morning, her head throbbing

BLUE WOKE up the next morning, her head throbbing. After getting hit on the head with a plate she was in pain for several hours.
      She slowly got up, staring at her empty room. She had completely forgotten it was moving day.  She tiredly walked to living room, watching as people moved her furniture out.

Mandy saw her daughter and smiled. "Yay." Blue said sarcastically, going to change and pack the rest of her clothes. As she was doing that, Mason came in.

"Hey Mas." She said, shoving a few things into a backpack. "Hey Bullet." He replied, sitting on her bare bed.
     "You excited?" He asked, watching as she finished putting her things away. "Not for a second." She answered, giving a sarcastic smile.

"I'm sorry. For everything that's going on. It's been pretty hard on me to." He told her with a sad look in his eyes. Blue nodded, not sure what to say.
   "I feel like I haven't talked to you in awhile." He spoke, standing up with his crutches. "It has been quite some time." Blue agreed, nodding.

"Well Sadie and I are going apartment shopping after we help y'all move in. You can come if you want." He smiled. "Sure." Blue smiled back, urging to hug him but decided she shouldn't since he was still hurt.
          "Okay, I'll tell Sadie!" He said happily, wobbling out her room. She smiled at his excitement before pushing some boxes into the living room.

After awhile they finally got everything into the moving truck, putting some boxes in Colby's truck. "Ready kid?" He asked, putting a hand on her shoulder.

Blue just nodded, getting into the back with Sadie and Mason. Mandy and Colby got into the front. They sadly stared at their now old house as Colby drove.

"Stop the car." Blue quickly said, already opening the door. Colby slammed on the breaks as she jumped out and ran back to the house.
     She stood in front of it, tears welling up. The girl grabbed her switchblade which she had taken out last minute, walking up the steps.

She carved her initials, Mandy's initials, and Baylens initials into the wood. She stepped away, smiling a bit before giving the house a sad look and walking back to the truck.

No one said anything and Colby just drove again. Their new house wasn't too far and Blue was thankful it was in the same neighborhood.
       They drove up the driveway and Blue immediately realized it was two stories. Her eyes widened as Colby stopped the vehicle.

"Surprise." Mandy said, hopping out. Blue followed, staring at the house with shock. "How will you be able to afford rent?" She asked her mom.
   "Colby's helping. He'll be living with us from now on." Mandy told her, giving her daughter a smile. Blue nodded, turning to walk inside.

She walked in, looking around at the place. It was a lot bigger than their last house and just overall completely different. Another giant change.

She went upstairs, Mandy trailing behind her. "There's two bedrooms, pick the one you like the most." The red head told her, going back to help move boxes.

Blue looked at the two rooms, deciding on one. It was a decent size and outside the window was the roof. Perfect for sneaking out when she needed to breathe.
"Blue, come help bring up boxes!" Sadie shouted from downstairs. Blue hurried down, helping Sadie bring a heavy box up the stairs.

They got it into her room with a giant huff. After awhile they got most boxes in and now it was time for furniture. Hours later, the furniture was finally put it. They'd need more to fill up the empty spaces but until then it'd work.

Blue sat on her bed with a sigh, looking at her undecorated room. She decided since she had nothing better to do she'd at least start it.
She first unpacked her stereo so she could listen to music while she did it. She pulled out her CDs, playing Van Halen.

She continued to search through more boxes, hanging her clothes up, placing knickknacks on her dresser and shelves. The girl pulled out a picture frame that was upside down.
She turned it over, it being a picture of her and Vance. Of course. She didn't know what to do with it. She went to her closet, putting it on the shelf above her clothes.

After a good 20 minutes she decided to go call Clara and tell her that she moved. She went downstairs, asking Mandy where the wall phone was.

It was in the kitchen which Blue kind of hated. She picked it up, dialing Clara's number. "Clara speaking." "Hey Clara, it's Blue." She started, leaning against the wall.
"Hi!" Clara said happily. "So, I moved." Blue told her with a sigh. "Really?! What's your home phone so I can write it down?" Clara asked, hurrying to get the phone book.

Blue told her before they talked a bit more. "You wanna come over to mine?" Clara asked, playing with the cord. "Um, sure." Blue smiled.
A night in her new house would have to wait and she was glad it was waiting. She was to stressed to think about that.

She went back to her room, unpacking her bag and putting extra clothes, her toothbrush, and hairbrush in. She went back downstairs, rushing to the front door.

"Where are you going?" Mandy asked, crossing her arms. "Clara's." Blue answered. "Wait, I thought you were coming with us?" Mason asked.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. I forgot. Can you drop me off after?" Blue asked kindly. "Sure." He smiled before they went to Colby's truck. He was letting them drive it since it was the only vehicle they had.

Apartment shopping went good. Sadie and Mason were now debating on whether or not they were going to rent it. Soon after, Blue was dropped off at Clara's.

She knocked on the door to be greeted with her happy face. Clara hugged her right before they laughed and went to her room.

"Okay, so, halloween is coming up and I need to know what we're gonna go as." Clara ranted, sitting in front of Blue on her bed. "I have no idea." Blue laughed as they looked through magazines.
"Farrah Fawcett?" Blue questioned, looking at her best friend. "Go for it! Oh and I'll be Sandy from Grease!" Clara shouted happily, already planning her costume out.

The continued to talk about Halloween until they had to eat dinner. Blue was excited. The one night a year where you didn't have to be yourself.
  You could be anyone you wanted to and no one would care.

The two sat down at the table with Clara's parents. "So, Blue, when are getting back in school?" Mr. Adams asked, cutting into his steak.
"Monday." Blue answered, taking a bite. "I'm so sorry for everything that's happened." Mrs. Adams said, giving Blue an apologetic nod.

Blue shrugged. "It's fine." Was all she could say. Clara looked at her, knowing she felt uncomfortable. The red head coughed, pretending to choke on a piece of food.
Blue immediately started patting her back. "Honey are you good? Here's some water." Her mom said, pushing a water cup over to her.

"Great." Clara smiled, sipping the water. "So... Halloween." Clara started again, trying to get Blue out the uncomfortable situation she was in. The girl smiled at the red head, silently thanking her for doing so.

~~~

A/N: Blues pulling a Finney 😃
Comment and vote x