TWENTY TWO

❗️TW❗️ MENTIONS OF SUICIDAL THOUGHTS

AFTER VANCE went home, Ali had told him a million times that she was sorry. She was in shambles, crying her eyes out at his feet. Vance didn't forgive easily but when it came to his mom, he had to.

To escape all the chaotic emotions, he went to the
Grab n' Go. When he walked in, all eyes were set on him. "Vance, man! Nice to see you back." One of the workers told him sarcastically.
Vance didn't bat an eye at him and continued his way to the pinball machine. He put his hand into his pocket, trying to find a quarter. Surprise, surprise, he didn't have one.

The boy looked around, finding a kid before asking for a coin. Surprisingly, he didn't demand for one like he usually did. He simply just asked.

He got one, putting it into the machine before he started playing.

~~~

Blue hung her head low as she walked to the Grab n' Go. She knew she'd regret what she was gonna do but it was for the best.
With tears in her eyes she opened the door, lifting her head before going over to Vance.

She tapped his shoulder and since he wasn't in the middle of a game he just looked at her. His heart sank at her roughed up appearance but she grabbed his hand before he could say anything about it.

"I um... I need to talk to you." She swallowed hard, trying to force the tears down. He nodded, his jaw shut tight.
They walked out of the store in silence. They didn't speak the whole walk to the park, Blue to afraid she'd start crying and Vance was too worried to force anything out.

Once they reached the park, Blue sat on top of the hill, Vance sitting next to her. She grabbed her hands, playing with her fingers before speaking.

"After everything that's happened... I've been thinking..." Her words got caught in her throat as she felt her eyes pool with tears again.
"Gorgeous, come here." He mumbled, putting his arm around her. She wanted to move but she couldn't. It was like she was paralyzed.

"I can't keep watching the people I love get hurt." She cried out, bringing her hands to her face. Vance tensed at that, preparing himself for whatever she was going to say.
"I love you. More than words can explain but... I can't." She sobbed into her hands. Vance looked at the girl who was in complete shambles.

"It's not you, it's me. Everything I touch... falls to pieces." She explained, watching her trembling hands through tears.
Vance removed his arm, putting them on his knees. He didn't know what to say.

Blue stood up, waiting for him. He followed slowly, standing in front of her. "I'm sorry." She whispered barely loud enough for him to hear but he did. "I need you. I'm sorry. Just please don't go." He got out, trying to hold back his tears.