THIRTY THREE

ANOTHER DANCE and Blue wasn't happy about it

ANOTHER DANCE and Blue wasn't happy about it. The winter dance had arrived and of course Clara forced Blue to go. This time, they got ready separately.
Sadie did Blues hair and makeup which she was very grateful for. Blue had picked out a sparkly blue dress that had skinny straps. It probably wasn't the best choice since it was so cold but Blue didn't care. It'd probably be hot inside the building anyways.

She looked in the mirror with a small smile, spraying some of Mandy's old perfume. It smelt like strawberries. Her favorite.

She walked down the stairs. It was fair to say she felt ridiculously pretty. Mandy smiled, snapping a quick photo. "You look stunning!" Sadie complimented, spinning her around.
      Blue smiled. "Thank you." She felt tall in her white heels and she almost enjoyed it. "Wish I could wear that dress." Colby joked, standing by Mandy.

Blue laughed before Colby and Mandy grabbed the keys. The brunette stepped out into the crisp, cold air, goosebumps immediately littering her skin.
           She tried not to think much about it, getting into Colby's truck. The two adults drove her, them shouting christmas music on the way.

"Have fun!" Mandy called out to Blue as she walked up to the dance. Blue smiled at them before she turned back and walked in. It was almost like she had a parents with a healthy relationship. That made Blue the happiest she had been in awhile.

With a smile, she gave some kids her ticket before she went to find her friends. The gym was decorated in white, blue, silver, and gold decorations. In the center of the gym was a giant mirrorball.
           Blue felt happy inside but she didn't know why. Clara walked over in a beautiful white dress. Blue smiled at her as they hugged and complimented each other.

"Remember when you called me, saying you really needed to talk? What was that about?" Blue asked as Clara pulled away. "Right. I like Bruce." The red heads cheeks burned red and Blue smiled widely at that.
"I knew it." Blue laughed. "Oh shut up." Clara laughed as well. "He asked me to the dance." Blue had to contain her excitement, biting down on her bottom lip.

After that exciting moment, the two danced together. Blue saw Bruce in the corner of her eye, excusing herself from Clara. "Hey Bruce." They did their handshake. "I heard about you asking Clara." She smiled at him when she saw him blush.

"Go get your girl." With that, Bruce went over to Clara. A slow song started playing. Just in time.

Blue sat at one of the tables, placing her chin in her palm, watching them smile and blush at each other. It made her smile. But then she wished her and Vance could do the same thing.
Blue excused the stupid argument they had in class. Then her eyes saw Amelia walk in with her friends. She rolled her eyes.

She watched the doors, wishing Vance would walk through them. Chances of him being there were low but she still had hope.
She looked up at the mirrorball that was shimmering against all the lights. It mesmerized her and she wasn't paying attention to the girls coming up to her.