TWENTY SIX

MONDAY ARRIVED

MONDAY ARRIVED. The day Blue had been dreading. The girl had to drag herself out of bed at 7:30 in the morning to get ready.
     She put on a band tee with a white long sleeve under and mom jeans, pairing it with her converse and some silver jewelry.

She brushed her hair out, spraying perfume before going to brush her teeth. After, she quickly put on some chapstick, throwing it in her bag.

Her back pack was worn out, a few tears and rips in the material. Blue didn't care, throwing it over her shoulder and running downstairs.
      She didn't grab breakfast, just going to the side of the house to grab her bike. Colby had bought her one just so she didn't have to rely on him to drive her everyday.

She ran a bit before jumping on and peddling down the street. The girl got to school at a decent time, at least before the first bell rang. Unfortunately, when she arrived, she got several stares and whispers thrown around.

Blue didn't care, moving past everyone to find her friends. Bruce saw her and smiled, making his way towards her.
"Hey Blue." He said, doing their handshake they made up at the diner. "Hey Bruce." She smiled, standing by his side.

"Just so you know, most of the school has something against you." Bruce told her as they watched students give her dirty looks, whispering to their friends
"I'm aware." Blue said, squinting her eyes to block out the October sun. Clara saw them and ran up.

She hugged Blue first then Bruce, standing in front of them afterwards. "Well this is gonna be awkward." The red head said, gesturing to the stares.

"I'll survive, I always do." Blue replied, looking out at all the students. "Ms. Parker." The voice of their principal, Mr. Anderson, spoke out. The three of them turned to him and Blue just sighed.
      "I'll see y'all later." She said, walking over to him. They went to his office. Blue sat down in the chair in front of his desk while he sat on the opposite side.

"I've been informed of what happened. I'm so sorry for your loss." He started, leaning back and placing his hands on his stomach.
       Blue just shrugged, moving her mouth to try and find words but there was none. She dropped her shoulders, waiting for Mr. Anderson to speak again.

"Your mom called a few days ago, she said she's interested in you talking to the school counselor. She knows your going through a really hard time and wants you to have some sort of stability." He told her, leaning forward again to pull out some papers.

Blue just nodded, looking at the papers he put in front of her. "If you're down for it, this is Julie, the school's counselor." He informed the girl, pointing at a picture of this Julie girl.
Blue thought about it as he pulled out some papers that had to be signed. "Take these and fill them out if you want to have counseling." He told her, handing Blue the papers.

She put them in her bag at her feet before sitting up again. Blue didn't know how to feel about the whole 'counseling' thing. Maybe it would help.
All she knew was that she'd definitely take it into consideration.

"Now, since you've missed tons of school there is a low chance that you'll move to the next grade." He told her truthfully. Blues heart beat rapidly as she heard those words.
The girl had never been good in school, even in grade school. But she had to move on. Blue always had the mindset of school flying by so she could be free and this was her chance.

"No- no, I have to continue, you don't understand." She said, sitting on the edge of her chair. "Well then you better get your grades up and maybe participate in some after-school programs." He told her with a nod.

"Will do, sir." She said, not knowing if that was the truth or not. "Okay, well you're free to go." Blue walked out of the office, throwing her bag over her shoulder before her eyes met a certain someone's standing and waiting to go inside. Vance.
They held eye contact until Blue broke it and went to home room.

When she walked in, all eyes were on her. And I mean all eyes. "Welcome back, Parker." Mrs. Betts gave her a kind smile which Blue forcefully returned.
  In the shit school, Blue actually liked Mrs. Betts.

Blue took a seat in the back, leaning back in the chair and sliding down to hopefully avoid being seen. Bruce noticed her, excusing himself from his friends to go sit next to her.

He put his books down on the table, taking a seat besides her. She smiled at him, focusing back on what Mrs. Betts was saying.
     The class went by fast and by second period, Blue already wanted to leave. When second period ended, she quickly went down the halls and to her next class.

Both third and fourth period went by fast but as she was going to sixth she caught sight of Amelia and her friends leaning against the lockers.
    The girl rolled her eyes, trying to get past them without an argument. "We heard about your brother!" One shouted, igniting a flame within Blue.

"He's probably rotting in-." Before the other one could finish, Blues had already pushed her hard into the locker. Kids had already started gathering around to watch.

"Dare to finish?" Blue seethed, her jaw tightening. "Let her-." "Shut your trap." Blue snapped her head towards Amelia, her eyes meeting a teachers.
    The teacher gave her a stern look, narrowing her eyes at Blue. She shoved the other girl into the locker one last time before walking off.

Clara met her side as they walked to lunch. "I heard what happened in the halls." The red head told her as they sat with Bruce.

"Jesus, word gets around fast." Blue scoffed, throwing her bag on the table. "I've been given dirty looks all day." She ranted, putting emphasis on 'all.'
            "So have I." Bruce admitted, pulling out his lunch. "What? You don't even have anything to do with any of this mess." Blue threw her hands around, sitting next to Clara.

"It's ridiculous that they're even getting mad you. I mean, what did you even do to make them upset?" Clara asked, biting into her sandwich. Bruce gave her look that said, "because of what happened at Amelia's party, dumbass."

"Oh, never mind." Clara mumbled, realizing her mistake. She opened her chips, moving them towards Blue. "Want one?" "Lost my appetite." She answered, looking at the sky.
      "You know what? I don't even care anymore." Blue admitted. The two looked at each other, worried for their friend.

"Blue, are you okay?" Clara asked, placing a hand on her shoulder. "I don't know. I just... don't feel like myself anymore and I don't think I ever will." She got out, placing her head in her hands, resting her elbows on the table.

Bruce and Clara looked at each other as Clara rubbed her back. The boy looked at his cookie and instead of breaking off half of it he just gave her the whole thing.
      Blue looked at it as he slid it into her eye sight. It took a minute but she ended up breaking out into a smile. She looked up, grabbing the cookie and taking a bite out of it.

Bruce smiled at her, going back to eat his lunch. From then on, Bruce and Clara made sure to keep an eye on her.

~~~

A/N: new favorite trio 💗
Comment and vote x