THIRTY ONE

BLUE WOKE up early the next morning

BLUE WOKE up early the next morning. After the call with Vance, all she could think about was him. A part of her heart was begging to just walk over to his in the cold, going to apologize and beg to take him back.
But the other half said it was best not to. She was doing good and apart of her didn't want it to end somehow.

The girl opened her eyes, her room semi-dark considering her curtains were just a bit open.
She slowly rubbed the sleep out of her eyes, staring up at the ceiling. It was quiet. Almost too quiet.

But she didn't move. She felt at peace. She was getting used to her room. Though it was a bit different, it still had all of her favorite things.
She looked at her alarm clock, it reading 6:30am. She just sighed, not wanting to leave the warmth of her bed. Her door slowly opened and Colby peaked in.

She sat up on her elbows, her eyes still tired. "You're already wake?" He asked, his voice quiet. She barely nodded. "Well, your mom told me to tell you that she's going to the store to get more firewood."

The girl just nodded again. "It snowed." Colby smiled, now leaning on the doorframe. Blue gave a tired smile. "I'll be out there soon." Her raspy voice got out, falling back to her pillow.
Colby gave her a thumbs up before leaving and shutting her door. Blue rubbed her eyes again, pulling back her blankets.

Cold air immediately hit her bare legs and arms causing goosebumps to rise. She shivered, going to put on warmer clothes.
She put on a black thermal and some stretch pants. She put her puffer jacket on top.

She brushed her hair out and brushed her teeth before putting on warmer socks and put on her boots. She pulled open her curtains, viewing the snowy neighborhood.
        She practically ran down the stairs, going in the front yard. She saw little kids playing in the snow and building snowman's.

Before she went to go get her friends she went inside to get her beanie. Once she placed it on her head, she went back outside. Colby was shoveling snow off the driveway, stopping when he saw Blue.

"I'm going to Clara's." She said, putting her hands into her pockets. "Blue!" Masons voice shouted from behind her. She turned around, waiting for him to speak.
        "When you get back, I'll take you and your friends to ice skate." Blue smiled and nodded before walking off.

She started getting hot as she walked, surprising. As she was walking, she paused when noticed she was walking by Vance's street.
She did think he deserved a thank you for helping her in October. Yes, she still hasn't thanked him and it's been a month. Blue felt terrible but she was just to afraid to face him. Even during their phone call she didn't say it in depth, with more meaning.

It's now or never.

Blue couldn't stop her legs from walking to his house. Chances of him being there were low but she was gonna try.
     She raised her hand, knocking on the door that had multiple scratches across the wooden surface. A blonde woman opened. "Hi Ali." Blue smiled softly.