Chapter 5: Is this a bad dream?!

3 weeks and 5 days passed and I'm excited Abba is coming back today, I miss him soooooo much, except the talking about marriage part. When he came back he went straight to bed cause he took the night flight.

The next morning I woke up, did the normal routine, greeted mamy and Abba and then left for school. When I got back home, it was already 2:30, so I went to bed for a little bit of sleep before its time for prayer. After a while I woke up and it was already 4, I got off bed took a bath to refresh my body and then went downstairs, I checked but Yasmeen wasn't home that's when I remembered she went to Islamiyah.

I was sitting in the parlor when I heard my phone vibrated, he was Abba that was calling me, I went straight to his room to find him watching the news, I salaamed and he answered then he motioned his hand for me to sit down.

Abba: I told you to remind me about our talk but you didn't.

Iman: you just came back last night and I thought you would need some rest.

Abba: ohh............. Have you found a suitor yet?

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh lord.

Iman: aah(I said trying not to cry, I thought he gave me a month even though I wasn't gonna find one).

Abba: okay, if that's the case I've found a suitor for you.

FAROUK'S POV

In the morning a day after we came back from Ms. Cookie's house, I was in my room when yusra came and said dad is calling me. I went to his room as I knocked and he gave my permission to go in, I greeted him and he answered.

Dad: so, when are you getting married?

This question blew my head off, I thought we've been through this before.

Dad: or should I help you find a suitable person?

I still didn't know what to say.

Dad: okay since you're refusing to talk I'll tell you a good news............ I've already found one for you (I looked up puzzled) yeah, your mom will talk to you about it.

I left and went to maama, I kept telling her I don't want an arranged marriage buh she said I should at least check the girl out I might like her, I have no clue who she is but tomorrow were going there with maama.

IMAN'S POV

ARE they trying to get rid of me or what?

Abba: okay, if that's the case I've found a suitor for you.(he said as my heart skipped a beat, a drop of tear was rolling down my cheeks)........ do you have any objections to this?

I'm really dumbstruck right now I couldn't say anything but I do I have dozens of objections.

Abba: I guess that's a no......................... your mom is waiting for you downstairs she wants to talk to you.

I went downstairs to find mamy in the living room and I can't believe she's agreeing with Abba on this, I was in the middle of telling her I don't want this when Y.S came in, when he heard what was happening he just left. I can't believe this him too someone should just tell me I'm all alone in this cause I don't think they care, is it that they want to get rid of me of what?. She told me we're having guests over tomorrow, tears were just rolling down my checks, I went up to my room about 5 minutes later Y.S came in, and I guess he's against it, he comforted me with words that didn't help at all but it's nice to see that he cares.