Chapter 8: His true colours.

IMAN'S POV

Okay I agree the alarm helps a lot, but does it have to be this irritating?

I got off bed, took a bath and wore a white palazzo with a white top and then topped the look up with a brown kimono, then rolled my veil.

I was about to leave, when I remembered Y

I was about to leave, when I remembered Y.S did not call me yesterday, so I called him on the way to the office, and as usual he said he forgot to call me.

When I got to the office, I reported and then went to my office. After a while Lucas called telling me Farouk wants to see some files, I knocked as I entered.

Iman: Good morning sir.

Farouk: Good morning. (looking at a file)

Iman: Here are the files you asked for.

I handed him the file and for some strange reason he was staring at them almost clueless, but then I noticed that he was looking at my bracelet, when I realized that I used my sleeve and covered it which brought him back to reality.

Farouk: Ohh sorry. (He said as he collected the files).

The bracelet is the same one that he returned to me 2 years ago when I dropped it In Lagos. Don't blame me, I can't just throw it away, mamy gave it to me as a birthday present for my 18th birthday.

He gestured his hand for me to sit down and wait for him to finish checking the files, I did and in the meantime was chatting with mamy. My aunties use to call me chewing gum because I love being around her, is it my fault? She's my mother for crying out loud.

Farouk: Good job. (He said followed by a thumbs up as he handed a file)

Iman: Thank you sir.

Farouk: I posted you to the design department, so I set up a meeting for you and the design captain and with that we're going to have a meeting at the fashion department, Look over that file and meet us at the G conference room by 2:30.

Iman: Okay sir.

I went back to my office looked over the file and then by 2:25 left for the conference room. When I got there, they were already there waiting for me, I guess, so I checked my wristwatch and it says 2:29, I was like did he say 2:00? He swung back his chair holding his phone (was clearly using it), he looked up.

Farouk: You're not late, we're just extra punctual.

Iman: Ohh thank God (I muttered under my breath as I walked towards the conference table that is shaped in a U form).

Farouk: This is Khadija, the design captain and her assistant Jenna.

Iman: Hi

Khadija: Hello (with a wide grin) I'm Khadija buh you can just call me deejah (She said as she looked over my shoulder and glared at farouk. Hmmmmm) Farouk tells me you're good at design, I hope I see that magic.