Chapter 28: Mrs.....

Farouk: you know you would recognize me as your husband more if you actually walked over here.

He said the smile still not leaving his face.

I took a few steps forward, standing in front of him. He just kept mum looking at me. He took my hand in his squeezing it a bit.

Farouk: Ma Raina, I'm sorry. Not actually sorry.

He said and chuckled and it's like this is the first time I'm seeing this face of his. I just stood there looking at him with a small smile lingering on my face.

Farouk: ...You know I love you (He said as he cupped my face) and will always will no matter what, and you shouldn't forget that you're more than special to me and I promise to never ever break your heart. I promise to be the shoulder to cry on, be there for you and love you unconditionally...

By the time he was done, I was already shedding a river of tears and he did the least expected, he pulled me into his arms. And I could say I felt safe and secure, like he was a shield that can never be penetrated.

Farouk: I didn't picture our wedding to be like this but I kinda like the idea. Now I know you're mine. Forever. No escape. (Increasing his grip around me)

He said which made me chuckle.

I was still speechless I still didn't know what to say, the person that has his arms around me right now is my husband, I'm married, Married! MARRIED!

Farouk: I love you, Ma Raina.

He said directly into my ear which sent chills through my spine, my cheeks turning red on the spot, I buried my face on his chest which made him chuckle.

Abdul: Ahem.

We both heard him say, I was going to pull away but he didn't let me go.

Farouk: Ugh! Go away!

He said which earned a chuckle from fatee, which I realized is in the same room.

I managed to pull away just INCASE they weren't the only ones that came in, his arm still around me he glared at the both of them.

Abdul: Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Umar Gaddafi.

Just the mere mention of MRS sent chills through me.

Iman: Thank you.

Farouk: Allah ya kawo na yan baya (He mocked jokingly)

Abdul: Ameen.

He said glaring at him this time around.

Fatee: Anyho. Amarya Mamy is looking for you we have to leave immediately.

Iman: Where to?

Fatee: Fitting.

Iman: Ohh (I groaned)

Farouk: I volunteer a ride.

Abdul: No way dude, we have a reception to get to.

Farouk: What reception?

Abdul: Your reception Ofc, the gang decided to arrange one on short notice.

Iman: Looks like we both don't know what's on our schedule. (I laughed)

Fatee: We need to leave!

Farouk: Okay close the door behind you, byee.

Abdul & Fatee: NOW!

They both synced looking frustrated.

"Fine" We both muttered.

He turned around facing me.