misunderstanding

"It was good seeing you Hyung."

Yeonjun's eyes flashes with alarm and concern. He abandoned the glass and towel in his hands and rushes to get out of the counter.

His instincts said to do everything he can to keep the young boy inside the bar. He didn't care about trying to find out what's wrong, not anymore at least. He shouldn't never pushed Kai to talk, knowing the younger's personality. Right now he just needs to make sure Kai has a place for tonight.

"Wait! Just stop for a second.." he caught up with thr younger, who gave him a look he struggled to decipher.

Yeonjun's lingering hands fell off of Kai's soft sweater and he searched for the right word, cautious not to scare him off again.

But just when he opens his mouth to talk, a series of glass breaking was heard, like a tower of champagne glasses falling apart.

"Are you blind!!?" A scream came from the far left corner of the bar and Yeonjun looked around alarmed until he saw the center of the commotion.

His Boyfriend was standing next to a table of a few middle aged man, staring at the floor in shock with an empty tray in his hands.

The floor was scattered with shards of glass, drinks which have started to stick to the floor and steaming hot food that just left the grill.

The man yelling had a big stain of red on his tailored shirt and a raged expression on his face as made a fuss.

"Shit.." Yeonjun muttered in panic, his eyes went back to Kai, who looked at the scene unbothered.

"stay here, I'll be right back, okay??"

"Just promise me you'll stay right here" Yeonjun says while he already makes his way through to Soobin who has the collar of his shirt yanked by said middle aged man.

"Hands off my employee! What the hell is going on!?"

The man in question scuffed, ego hurt when a guy half his age claiming to he the owner of the bar pushed him back from the tall server.

"Your "employee" spilled wine all over my fucking shirt! Do you know how expensive my suit is!? It's custom made!"

Yeonjun looked down at the mess, unable to be upset over it when he knows Soobin's just trying his best. He takes one look over at the younger who seems to feel the worst about the incident. His hands grip tight on the tray that his fingers turn slightly white. His bottom lip quivers as he blurts out another chain of apologies, this time to Yeonjun as well.

"I'm so sorry, I just slipped.... it was an accident. I'll- I'll clean it up...." Soobin stuttered, dropping to the floor and hurriedly picking up the big pieces of glass.

Before Yeonjun could stop Soobin from hurting his hands the man grabbed a glass from his table and chucked it across the room, shards flying everywhere.

From the way he slurred his words to his sloppy moves. The man was clearly drunk and mad. Not a good combination.

A few people in the vicinity screamed as they ducked over to avoid the glass.

Soobin registered the intense noise while continuing to pick up the glass, slowly but surely, tears welled up in his eyes. He knew he was going to mess up one way or the other.... like his parents said. He was never cut off for the real world. Too innocent, too protected, too scared.

"Sir, let's just all calm down okay...?" Yeonjun approached the drunk man and tried his best not to let the anger boiling in him show.

"No!! Screw you! This was my only suit for the entire week!!" The man moved from Yeonjun, stumbling back a bit from the sudden movement of yanking his arm from Yeonjun's hold. Another guy behind him, sitting at the table with a helpless and apologetic expression, seemingly his friend. Reached over to support his back so he won't fall backwards.