Blue Spring Lights

they don't say a word on the way back to their apartment. 

"careful.." Kai grips his shoulders when he trips on the curb outside of the bar. he freezes, Kai's hands on his raincoat radiate heat he can feel through his clothes to his skin. 

he nods. muttering a small and messy "thank you", walking a head to the Bike without glancing once behind his back. 

Kai must notice the awkward air between them, because he walks quietly behind Taehyun who's already by the Bike, wearing the helmet and waiting for him before sitting down. he doesn't try and talk about what was said at the bar. he doesn't stop to ask Taehyun why he's not making eye contact with him.

instead, he puts on his own helmet. sitting at the front and pressing the gas only when he feels Taehyun's hands close above his waist like they always do. only this time, they're not griping on so tight, he's not pressing in so close, not quite there.

he sighs, driving through the city.

he knows Taehyun can see where he's going. because unlike usual, the older doesn't lay head on Kai's back, finding a couple minutes of rest to close of eyes and enjoy the ride. 

his eyes are open, refusing to look at the younger despite the close proximity. he looks to the side, feeling slightly nauseous as the view passes by so fast before his eyes, it's dizzying. he sighs.

"hey.. " he suddenly realizes. 

his voice drowns by the sound of the engine, busy roads and lively city. they pass by the last turn in Taehyun's neighborhood direction.

"where are we going?!" Taehyun tries outspeaking the nosy enjoinment. even then, even not sure Kai's hearing him at all. or maybe he does, and just does his best to ignore.

he gives up. cursing the golden haired boy in his heart for being so damn... so damn Kai.

since it's Kai, Taehyun does not argue, nor tries to stop him. he accepts his fate, and sinks deeper into the seat. 

he better not regret it.

they reach the entrance of what seems like a semi secluded park, not far from Taehyun's place, but not entirely close either. 

the bike slows down near the sigh reading "blue spring", what he guesses in the name of the place. what on earth warranted Kai to take them both to a park they can't even fully see in almost the middle of the night?

well. he takes back the can't even fully see part, because 2 seconds after Kai get's up the bike, and takes of his helmet, ruffling his damp hair in a way that makes Taehyun's heart feel just a little weird.

a trail of lantern lights turn on, yellow-orange, antique looking, each one carrying detailed and beautiful medival design you only see in movies.

"pretty, right?" 

Taehyun tears away from the street lamps, staring straight in Kai's sparkly eyes. the smirk on his fact telling that he had caught Taehyun admiring the view.

he gives no answer back. simply taking the helmet off and getting up as well. may it be out of pettiness or plain annoyance, he's not in the mood to get along with Kai's shenanigans. not tonight. 

"the trail goes all the way to the heart of the park. it's a stunning sight.. " Kai smiles. "I used to come here a lot when I was young."

"okay.. " Taehyun sounds disinterested. Kai wonders if that is truly genuine or is the elder just being his usual stubborn self.

"should we go in?" 

"you're not suppose to walk around like that, Kai." Taehyun reminds him rather firmly. "let's go home, I'm tired... " it sounds like he wants to continue the sentence.