The Baguette

"Look at me" Kai whispered softly, still holding most of Taehyun's weight in his arms as the two sat on the ground.

"Your eyes are too sad Tyun, it breaks my heart" he says after Taehyun looks up with his teary, distressed eyes.

Kai wipes the tears from the older's face, and holds his head with his palm, thumb Caressing Taehyun's cheek.

Taehyun felt entranced, not only for being held in such an intimate way. But with how Kai was looking at him, like he knew exactly what Taehyun felt. Like he knew how badly Taehyun's heart was hurting.

No one's ever held him like that. And not because they didn't want to, but because Taehyun never felt safe letting others get more than a handshake from him.

And with his family.... well. He wouldn't even give them that.

"Stand up with me?" Kai asks with a warm smile and although they do need to stand up, because it seems like they're blocking the way for many people. Taehyun doesn't seem to want to let go.

Kai feels like nothing's Taehyun ever felt.

For the first time in a while, the hole in Taehyun's chest. The one eating him from inside, slows down. And he is able to take a breath of fresh air.

"Tyun?"

Taehyun stands up slowly, but something in him won't let him let go of Kai's hand.

And Kai doesn't seem to care, because he takes Taehyun's hand in his soft one and holds it properly.

"Come on, let's take that sadness away, shall we?"

............

Taehyun lets Kai drag him through the streets, and his eyes seem to be glued to the younger because he's having trouble tearing his gaze from the way Kai's golden locks move in the wind and cover his pretty eyes. The way he looks at Taehyun, making him feel like everything would be okay.

"We're here!"

They enter a well lit restaurant. Smaller than the fancy ones Taehyun used to.

The ones he eats in as a part of a business dinner, or a work gathering.

This time it's a homey restaurant somewhere in the poorer areas of Seoul. The door is hidden in a hole in the wall and it's very likely that if Taehyun wasn't here with Kai he would've never noticed it was there.

"Hi auntie!" Kai smiles widely at the elderly owner and her eyes brighter up the moment she sees the younger with company.

"Kai, oh, I haven't seen you in so long dear. Are you doing okay, you've gotten so slim....." she starts bombarding the younger with all types of concerns and Kai laughs them off.

"And, and who is this handsome man? It's been a while since you came here with another-"

"Auntie" Kai's quick to stop her from saying anything else and Taehyun's curiosity is immediately triggered.

"Taehyun and I will sit down now, can you give us the regular please. And an extra plate of fried thingies"

"You got it, dear."

Kai lead Taehyun to two seats near the window in a more quiet corner of the restaurant and with care, had Taehyun sit down in front of him.

"Fried... thingies?" Taehyun asks. It's the first thing he's said to Kai since the younger pulled him from the crossroad and Taehyun's voice is still raw and horse from all the crying he did prior.

Kai's eyes sparkled and he rushed to explain with a big, child-like smile.

"It's veggies and stuff, only it's covered in this flavorful batter and then deep fried twice. So the veggie part is barely even noticeable"