Goodnight

"What's the matter?" Kai asks after catching Taehyun glance at him in the middle of their meal. Usually, he'd be flattered, but seeing the lines forming in Taehyun's forehead, and the way his lips are pressed in deep thought.

He can't help but wonder what the elder is thinking about so intensely.

"I'm trying to find it." Taehyun stares.

"Find... what?" Kai's truly curious.

"The catch."

Kai pushes his empty plate forward, hinting that he's done eating. Leans back in his chair, and takes a sip of his orange juice, licking the remains of the sweet drink from the rim.

His hand grazed Taehyun's one as he sets down the glass.

"What do you mean?"

"Your catch. Your baggage, your but. Everyone has one, I know I have 3 at least. So what is it?"

"Oh..." Kai smiles. "You mean a warning sigh?"

Taehyun nods.

"The fact that I'm unemployed, homeless and about to debunk an entire court case isn't enough of a sigh to stay away from me?" Kai raises an eyebrow in question. he gets up to get more juice, and fills his glass to it's half. putting the bottle back in the ridiculously large fridge, and sitting back down.

"You're not homeless anymore though." Taehyun looks at Kai without thinking properly about what he's suggesting. "You're here. This could be home, right?"

upon seeing Kai's puzzled, and slightly amused face. Taehyun realizes he might've been a tad too straightforward with his words.

"I mean-" he's about to do some damage control, but from the time they've gotten to spent together, Kai knows Taehyun was sincere.

"you sure get flustered a lot for a Big Shot lawyer. " Kai teases. and with a more serious expression, he says.

"I'll stay if you want me to."

.............

hours after the late breakfast, Kai volunteers to do the dishes, despite Taehyun promising him that it's fine, and he can do it too. unfortunately, Kai is far more stubborn than he seems to be and after 5 minutes of arguing he gave up, and went to take a hot shower.

"I found some clothes of Yeonjun Hyung here." Taehyun walks out of his bedroom, dressed in cozy clothes, his hair dripping water on his shirt, and holding a few items in his hands to give to Kai.

Kai eyes the clothes, then Taehyun's appearance. and starts looking around for something while Taehyun looks at him, confused to what he's searching for.

"ah!" Kai exclaims, a smile forming on his face. he walks around the couch, and grabs a small towel. he gestures Taehyun to seat on the sofa.

"what are you doing?" Taehyun questions, but does as he is told.

the only answer he gets, is the warm, fuzzy feeling blooming in his chest as Kai works through drying his hair.

"did you not hear the thunder outside? It's pouring rain. you need to dry your hair in this weather.. do you want to get a cold?" he scolds lightly, but Taehyun is too flustered to care.

"R-right." he looks through the large windows that takes one of the 4 walls in his living room. and to his surprise, Kai is right. it's storming outside, but he was too busy thinking about the case to hear the rain. "we're supposed to go over Hyung's bar tonight."

Kai sighs, seems like he had the same thought in mind.

"I don't think we can tonight." he comes to a grim conclusion. they still have so much to discuss in regards to the case, but alas, the roads are flooding, and it would be too risky. "it's the weekend anyways, we deserve a break." he tries to make the best of it.