Rain drops

"Hello?"

"H-Hyung..?"

Yeonjun stops stirring the the mint extract. Taehyun called him? After days of him going basically MIA? Usually Taehyun would drop once every few days for a casual drink, But it's been over a week since Yeonjun's heard from the younger.

And Taehyun's not the type to call Yeonjun, or text him. Or anyone for that matter.

"Taehyun? Is everything okay?" Yeonjun asks in a wary tone.

He heard panting breathing from the other lines, and a voice quivering silently.

"I-i.... don't K-know...." the younger replies in a small panicky voice and Yeonjun is already freaking out.

He looks over, and Kai looks at him and does a little head tilt, wondering why Yeonjun stopped making his precious drink and why he looks so worried.

"Where are you right now?" Yeonjun asks while signaling Beomgyu from a far to come to the counter.

"Incheon a-airport, they um.... they kicked me out... I D-don't know what to do..."

"Incheon Airport?! Taehyun, that's like... an hour and a half long drive. How did you even-" Yeonjun stops when Beomgyu gestures him to calm down.

He sighs.

"I'll pick you up.. okay?" He says after a few minutes and Beomgyu mouths what the fuck hyung??.

Yeonjun pull an apologetic yet annoyed expression and hangs up the phone.

"Hyung! You can't go! We're at full capacity and we just opened the bar" Beomgyu lays down the facts that Yeonjun's already aware of.

The bar is full, it's only him and Beomgyu there which means he needs to help wait on tables.... he can't just leave for 3 hours.

"I'll go" Kai intervenes.

Yeonjun raises a questioning eyebrow.

"I have a driver's license if that's what you're concerned about" the young boy says again when the his ome Hyung look at him skeptically and the other looks amused as usual.

"You have a driver's license?!" Yeonjun half exclaims half genuinely asks.

"Why are you so surprised?"

"Because... you're, you know? Kai. You're the most irresponsible person I know"

Beomgyu snorts, not part taking in the conversation but is very amused over the dynamic of it.

"Ouch" Kai whispers, but his expression is bright.

"And you're okay, to drive in your state?...." Yeonjun is cautious to ask.

"It doesn't hurt."

Yeonjun throws his motorcycle keys in Kai's hands and with a warning expression he says. "Be careful with Taehyun, he's important to me"

"What am I? A fish?" Kai asks offended.

"Just go kiddo, you're giving me a headache"

....................

Taehyun sat on the sidewalk, his bag discarded on the floor next to him. His head resting on his palm while his elbow digs into his thigh.

He's been seating, waiting for what felt like forever. His phone battery died a while ago and his panic died out as soon as it started, followed by more fatigue and headaches. It feels like someone's pounding the side of his head with a hammer and it does not seem to stop. No matter what he does, it comes back again.