Glimpse To The Past

two pans on the stove. a fresh aroma of basil, garlic and cheese spread around the apartment. Kai dimmed the lights in the Livingroom, and so the soft yellow glow of the light features looms over the kitchen area, giving it a cozy look.

Kai's cheerful, bright humming and casual singing here and there mix well with the sound of the water running from the sink. the garlic frying in the pan, and the chopping of fruits for the dessert after dinner.

I don't feel lonely when I see you, even if I'm with my sad heart

it just disappears far away

Taehyun finds a stop on one of the high chairs near the kitchen island, overviewing the kitchen as he leans his elbows on the table. he listens, memorized, to the soft riffs from Kai's voice. quiet, yet overtaking falsetto that makes you crave for more each time Kai's takes a breath from his playful messing around.

he's not even trying.

dear, your my fairy of shampoo, from this moment on

I will love you

Taehyun was never one for music.

sure, it was and still is a big piece of the world's fine culture. but even after many trips, and forced visits to operas and other music events he had to go to, as a part of being of the high class.

he never understood the magic of it all.

"music brings people together." they said. but all he could hear, are the sounds from the instruments. which don't get him wrong, were okay. but never life changing.

and the singers as well, were just doing their job. and that's what it felt like too. there was emotion, but never enough to move his heart in the way like other people claimed it did for them.

so he labeled music as something insignificant to him. more than listening to music, he liked podcasts much better. about law cases and channels recommended for his line of work. in other words, he never understood was made people like music so much, when it was just a bundle of different noises, that in most cases, did not go well together.

Like early morning mist, you draw closer to me

your pretty hair fluttering and whispering with a soft smile

Kai looks peaceful, almost carefree as he sings. well, more carefree as he already is. and the sight is both new, yet familiar for Taehyun.

just when Kai turns around, Taehyun finally realizes what has been the change that he had struggled pointing his finger on.

"your cast is gone.." Taehyun stares at Kai's hand, that remains painted in yellow and purple, but it's bare now. the white and gray cast gone leaving the bruises uncovered for everyone to see.

Kai smiles, glancing at his hand for a split moment before returning back to the pasta boiling on the stove.

"it didn't hurt anymore, so I took it off." he says in a casual tone.

"don't you have to go to the hospital to know whether or not it's healed? how can you take it off all by yourself, aren't you too impatient?" Taehyun questions. his voice growing stern, but the worried expression on his face does not go unnoticed by the younger.

"I forgot, do you like peaches?" Kai ignores Taehyun's question and instead not so smoothly changes the subject. he hold the orange pinkish fruit in his hand and raises an eyebrow.

"I'm allergic. and you didn't answer my question."

Taehyun tone leaves Kai no wiggle room. he gives Taehyun a small smile, and leans his hands on the counter. leaving the pasta unattended behind him. steaming, and boiling off the pot.