ScapeGoat K'

Taehyun turns around while Yeonjun looks over to where the entrance of the bar is. they've been so caught up not to notice the bells noting that Kai had arrived.

"dude..." Beomgyu softly gasps, sucking in air between his teeth after Kai takes off the black mask hiding most of his face. "they fucked you up." he concludes.

Kai laughs.

"ever the tactful, Hyung." he instantly lightens Beomgyu's comment "nice to see you too." casually waving off his friend's show of concern for him, Kai makes his way limping subtly and sits beside Taehyun. hand hovering over the elder's back when giving his boyfriend a rushed kiss on the head.

Taehyun scrunches his nose. pretending to back away.

"he's right, Kai. what happened?" Yeonjun's voice turns heavy, scanning the bruises on the younger's face, finding one too many on his body, wondering how many more are there under the clothes. it's worse than he had expected. worse than Archie's ever taken it before.

"did you not tell them?" Kai's face contorts in confusion as he directs the question at Taehyun.

"I did." 

"no, I mean.." Yeonjun starts explaining. "what did they look for anyways? what did you do to piss them off that badly?"

Kai shrugs his shoulders, choosing to tap on the counter rather than give a tangible answer. on his face an expecting expression.

"sometimes i wonder why I'm even asking anymore.." the elder sighs. "dinner?"

the younger smiles widely, nodding enthusiastically. "chicken?" he asks with bright eyes, almost reminiscent of the first time he spent the night at Yeonjun. 

Yeonjun phones the restaurant, placing in an order for five.

"how was work?" Kai turns to Taehyun, brushing a few of the hairs poking his eyes away from his face with affection seen in every move of his hands, with every look he sends the elder. "you look tired.." 

"I'm fine." Taehyun shies away, still not used to the naturally caring side of Kai, or any care for that matter.

"are you sure?"

Taehyun nods. for a second caught in Kai's golden eyes, it's as if they see right through him. "maybe a little.. it's pretty late." he admits.

Kai hums in sympathy, agreeing with Taehyun.

"we'll end wrap up quick tonight and head home early." he says. looking just as exhausted himself. "we have a lot to do tomorrow." his words come out slightly bitter as he wishes to just sleep the next day off. 

Taehyun groans, grabbing his head with frustration. 

Kai laughs.

"yeah, exactly.." he sighs. "oh..." his tone drops a very octaves lower, hushed down  "the tape, I gave it to Miss. Rue today. i thought I should let you know, since you might have to review it tomorrow with your team."

Taehyun's eyes widen. and he feels his heart drop from it's place.

"so there was a working camara..?" he asks in a slightly disappointed tone

Kai nods. pointing subtly above them.

"right above the counter pointing at the entrance. there's a full view of what went down."

Taehyun drinks the rest of what's left in his glass, the bitter taste of smooth scotch butters down his throat. not knowing how he's going to go to work tomorrow having to review that damn tape, act he's not effected because he should remain professional.