Don't Wait Up

Archie smiles, raising his one glass. cheers, he mouths, and downs the shot.

"Kai..?" Taehyun nudges the other's shoulder this time. worried over the way Kai's full attention seems to go to the group of guys at the other side of the bar. what could possibly be so interesting that the younger can not look away?

yes, he might've been a tinsey bit snappy with Kai just a second ago. still upset about last night.

when Kai's attention suddenly turns to the jacked guy on the other side, Taehyun's grumpiness turns to both jealousy and slight worry.

"this is for you." Yeonjun comes back with a shot glass, and placed it in front of Kai. "I tried telling him you don't drink, but he insisted."

Taehyun looks at the shot glass, and an ugly burst of bitterness blooms inside his body. he huffs, and looks over at Kai, wondering if he would really accept the drink.

"I.. "Kai face hardens for just a split second, before a small, apologetic smile spreads on his face. "sorry, I think I'll go home. this has been a long day." the words come out of his mouth, but Taehyun can't help feeling like his mind is at a different place. 

Yeonjun eyes squint in confusion.

"you just got here.. you haven't even touched your milkshake."

Kai glances once more at the group of guys, and the same man from before locks eyes with him. again.

 "I don't feel like it, next time." Kai clears his throat, and hops off the chair. "goodnight." he smiles once more, but doesn't bother saying anything else. not even to his boyfriend who just watched another guy hit on him.

Kai might not have taken that shot, but the way he stared at the guy was pretty obvious. you'd think he'd have something, a few words to say to Taehyun after that.

but he left, leaving Taehyun to ask for another refill.

"that was ..." Yeonjun purses his lips, and tilts his head. "weird. are you okay?" he turns the question to Taehyun who looks like he's about to kill the guy who bought Kai a drink by slamming the shot glass into his head.

"I'm just peachy." Taehyun mumbles, tearing his gaze away from the man. "everything is just peachy."

"Taehyun..."

"what?" he snaps.

"you know Kai is only into you, right? I mean, just the way he looks at you says so."

Taehyun rolls his eyes, not buying the kitschy reassurance. Kai looks at everyone like that, it's not anything special.

"Okay, so if someone were to buy Soobin-Hyung a drink. you wouldn't feel bothered at all?" 

"I didn't say that." Yeonjun retracts. "of course I'd feel a bit thrown off. and you can feel that way too, just don't take it out on Kai." he polishes glasses as he speaks, watching as people enter and exit. finally, he sees Beomgyu in one of the corners, handling the traffic of people with ease.

"I mean.." he adds when Taehyun only plays with his glass, watching the ice melt into the smooth, brown scotch. "he's not the one who asked to be hit on."

Taehyun hates to admit that, but he knows Yeonjun has a point. so why does his mind keeps circling to the way Kai's eyes wandered towards the guy's direction.

wanting to take one more annoyed look at the guy who in his pure audacity thought was okay to hit on another one's boyfriend.

the guy was no longer there. only his friends surrounded by an army of shot glasses.