I Need You

Beep..beep.. beep.. beep.. beep..

"Ugh..."

Taehyun coughs himself to awareness, squirming in the uncomfortable, stiff bed. Tapping his fingers on the blanket, trying to regain control of his body.

He opens his eyes, wincing when they go blind by the strong florescent lights.

He closes them immediately after, groaning and turning in the unfamiliar bed he ended up waking in.

How did he get here?

His headache. that started right when he dared to open his eyes, soon subsides when the lights dim due to someone turning off the switch. If he had any idea who the blurred figure was, he would've sent them a thank you, but his throat protested against it.

"Taehyun-ah?" A hand rests on his thigh, shaking it gently. "How are you feeling?" The voice echoed in Taehyun's mind, but even so, he was able to recognize it.

"Hyung..." weakly "water.. please".

Yeonjun poured the lukewarm water from the bottle next to the bed into a plastic cup, then placed it right under the younger's lips, asking him to raise his upper body just a little bit so that he can tip the cup.

"Easy.." Yeonjun reminded as he saw Taehyun drinking greedily.

The younger one backed away, water drop trickling on his chin, dried by Yeonjun's sleeves.

"..God.. " Taehyun murmured, closing his eyes momentarily and breathing as deep as he could. his head hit the uneven pillow once again and he sunk into the bed. he looked around, examining the bland, hospital room. with almost no windows to look from, overly white walls and a table with what seems to be hospital food mush.

"oof.. you look like shit" a new voice greets Taehyun and just by the accent he can tell who it is.

"thanks Beomgyu-Shii" Taehyun answers dryly.

Yeonjun and Beomgyu exchanges looks, Yeonjun nodding only slightly then goes back to watching Taehyun.

"Hyun?"

"hmm?" the younger hums, too tired to response with anything more. his head feels stuffy, heavier than he had even felt it. and he wonders, was it ever a time it felt light? was there ever a time where everything in his mind was.. calmness, and joy?

his mind goes back to a few moments. although he doesn't want to admit that's how he felt at the time. but it was... Kai's unique way to make Taehyun feel like there isn't one single trouble in his life.

"do you remember what happened yesterday?..."

yesterday?...

what day is it today? did yesterday pass already?

he left his house to go do something, after... after his fight with who should not be named. but maybe he should be, because he has a very cute name. that rolls on the tongue so beautifully.

focus Taehyun.

you left the house.. to search for the phone number.

and then... black screen rolls. why doesn't he have any memories of closing the door? running down the street? even going on the bus, or was it a train?

"Taehyun?"

his unusually messy thoughts halt, and he looks at Yeonjun, a helpless look in his eyes as he admits.

"I can't seem to remember" he says with a strangled voice. with the lack of constant ringing in his mind, and the overwhelming nausea. he can somewhat understand that something is deeply wrong with his head.