First And Last

"Archie."

"Isn't that the guy-" Yeonjun eyebrows knit together as he recalls the name.

Kai nods.

"That's him."

"It'll take a while.. " soobin murmurs, already invested in a few promising web pages. "Last name?"

"Don't know that either." Kai smiles apologetically. "He's 27, if that helps."

"He's 27?!" Yeonjun exclaims in disbelief.

"Proof that being an asshole does in fact age you up." Kai says. "Well, that and an unholy amount of cigarettes. Don't tell Beomgyu-hyung I said that"

"I guess I won't be asking for his skincare routine." Yeonjun jokes.

"Found him!" Soobin announces. "Ok Dongjun. Born in Korea, Seoul. Age 27.. we already know that." He skips through a few unimportant pieces of information.

While Kai pays attention to what Soobin's saying. Yeonjun on the other end notices something quite fascinating.

Soobin no longer has his trademark stutter.

"Studied in Seoul, dropped out at the age of 16. Location unknown." Soobin hums. "At least now we know his name."

"Very stupid name... " Yeonjun grumbles for no apparent reason other than the fact he despises the guy. "why do you even need his information anyways?"

Kai taps on the table, wondering whether to share his thoughts or not. Yeonjun helped him a lot in the past couple of weeks, not to mention how kind he was all throughout the years they have known each other.

so far, Yeonjun is one of the few people Kai trust to stay on his side.

"the trial's getting closer. I thought Archie would do more than sit around and wait, he's in a risky position as well. yet he's being so quiet." Kai sighs.

"he came here two days ago.. " Yeonjun reminds him. "that is not very quiet of him."

Kai shakes his head. 

"Archie's not the type to do things calmly. he caught me off guard having walked away without doing anything, I think he is planning something bigger." 

"couldn't it be that he is being careful not to add to his record. he's laying off you, that's a good thing!" Yeonjun argues.

Kai wished it were true. really, he wants to tell Yeonjun he's right, but past experiences taught him never to let his guard down. even if it's quiet now, he should be prepared for when it's not.

he knows nothing about Archie, other than where he lives, and where he "works". it makes him anxious. he knows nothing, yet Archie knows everything. 

even if nothing happens, even if Yeonjun turns to be right. stocking on ammunition never hurts. 

"maybe.. " Kai hums. "maybe not." he keeps things vague again. his voice trails off, letting Yeonjun know he is done with their short conversation.

the elder catches on the subtle hint, and they both turn their attention back to the screen.

"nothing interesting on his socials." Soobin logs off Archie's insta account from 6 years ago. so far, there was nothing worthy of keeping. yes, there were pictures of alcohol and drugs here and there. but nothing Kai does not already have.

"is there any possibility of digging deeper? what about his school records?"

it takes a few minutes, but soon enough Soobin recites the names of every institution Archie went to. including the files and documents from each class and subject.