27. Autobahn

Miles hummed happily, feeling a pair of strong arms wrapped around him

Miles hummed happily, feeling a pair of strong arms wrapped around him. He nuzzled into the chest he was pressed against and listened closely to the steady heartbeats, not wanting to wake fully. He also did not want to brace for the brightness his closed eyes couldn't completely obscure.

"Miles," Shawn's voice was heavy with sleep, making Miles sigh contently. "We should get up."

"Don't want to," he murmured and tried to snuggle closer.  They were both lying on the couch naked, limbs tangled. The sheet barely covered them, and it was perfect.

Shawn chuckled. "I may have electricity and running water here, but I don't have any food. I want to feed you breakfast, but that means I have to take you somewhere."

"Another date?" Miles mused.

"Of course." Shawn chuckled and pulled back a little from his hold on Miles.

Miles finally opened his eyes and smiled at the sight that greeted him. Shawn was radiant. The sunlight was streaming into the windows, casting a halo effect around his large body. His hair was mussed, and black and white strands fell on his face. His lips curled lazily.

Miles wanted this. He wanted to wake up like this every morning.

"I hope you have a shower here. I don't think I want to go anywhere looking and smelling like sex." Miles said with a laugh.

He gingerly stood up, letting the sheet fall from his body. He was sore, but it was a good ache—a reminder of the night they shared.

Shawn groaned. "This may be my favorite look on you." He pulled Miles back into his arms, making him tumble onto his lap.

"What? Naked or thoroughly fucked?"

"Definitely both," Shawn said as he nipped Miles' ear. "Master bedroom is at the end of the hall. The shower should be up and running."

"And towels?"

Shawn cursed. "Sheets?" He suggested, which earned a laugh from Miles.

"Your cleaners are going to hate us."

Shawn recoiled a little. "I'll come back and take care of everything before their scheduled day." Shawn gave him a chaste kiss. "Go on. Let's clean up real quick."

Miles nodded happily and headed to the room. Shawn watched him walk away, almost stunned by his fortune. He didn't wake from his reverie until Miles was out of sight.

"You joining me?" Miles called out from the room. Shawn hurriedly followed his voice and found him testing the water temperature in the large shower.

Shawn looked around the bathroom, unfamiliar with the place. "I should consider moving in," he murmured.

Miles grabbed his hand and pulled him under the water with him. "Why don't you?"

Shawn's fingers brushed against Miles' ribs, following the intricate tattoos to his collarbone. "I always planned to. I wanted to give Scott more control of the company and hire more people to help run Aura. Then I could gradually settle into retirement. But I keep delaying that goal."