41. Fractions

Miles woke up wrapped in Shawn's arms, his head resting on his chest

Miles woke up wrapped in Shawn's arms, his head resting on his chest. He smiled and nestled in closer. Shawn tightened his embrace, and he gave Miles a mumbled, "Good morning." 

Miles kissed his chest gently and sighed contently. They returned to Shawn's place to pack some of his clothes and belongings. Miles' room now has several suitcases scattered about and yesterday's clothes flung across the floor. 

Asking Shawn to move in seemed to be correct. There was no second-guessing or doubts in Miles' mind. In fact, he loathed the idea of Shawn sleeping in a separate bed.

When Shawn said "forever," Miles saw his future unfold. Shawn was the heartbeat that would sustain him for the rest of his life.

"What's your plans for today?" Shawn asked, interrupting his thoughts.

Miles grinned. "Locking myself away in the studio and pretending the world outside of music and us doesn't exist."

"Are you saying that because you want to avoid your interview today?"

Miles groaned and hid his face against Shawn's chest. "I really don't want to think about it."

Shawn ran his fingers through Miles' hair affectionately. "The worst of it will be over soon. The interview will air this evening. Tomorrow, we will push a few more articles. After New Year's, your Vogue article will be published, and then we have something lined up with GQ." 

"So much to do," Miles grumbled.

"I know, baby. It will be busy for a while but will be well worth it."

"How long do you think this will take? To clear up everything? To move on?" Miles asked with reservation. He knew it was necessary, but he wanted to do something more with his music. 

"A couple of months at the most. We will be able to tell your story and circulate it through the most popular channels. By then, we will shift gears and promote your album."

Miles fell silent as he considered this. "Do you think I can reveal who Requiem is soon?"

Shawn nodded slowly. "We can. I wouldn't recommend tomorrow, but soon. Do you really dislike it?"

Miles sighed. "I always wore the mask to avoid the publicity and the Andersons. I told myself it was to keep my anonymity and freedom. I can't explain what changed, except the mask has become heavier and no longer holds the liberty it once did. It feels that I am hiding, and it taints my sound."

"Then we remove the mask. Scott has some ideas for a reveal, so we consult him to create a plan."

These words made Mile's entire body relax. The pressure of making countless decisions for his business was no longer his Miles' responsibility. Albums, tours, legalities, and the PR bullshit were now for Aura to worry about. He wanted to laugh and cry simultaneously because the first time he could remember, he could just make music.