Epilogue: A Wedding

Miles was in a room by himself, staring anxiously at his phone. Danny was supposed to be here any minute. He sighed and set the phone down, trying to calm himself down. The room was decorated with stylish creams and light wood accents. Massive bouquets of white and peach peonies were on every surface of the room, and a simple white peony boutonniere was pinned to his black tux.

He knew there were so many things to do for the day and was grateful that Scott and Danny had stepped up and taken control of the planning. There was no time to plan a wedding between Shawn's business and Miles' tour.

They had considered running off and having a small ceremony, but Samantha was insistent on something large for the both of them. Now that she was in remission, she had the strength to help with the planning and walk Shawn down the aisle.

Miles smiled to himself and took out the journal his mom had written to him many years ago. It had gotten easier to read her words. Several entries were marked for special occasions, and he had finally read one today.

Miles,

One day, you will marry the man of your dreams. I have imagined that day, and I'm so sorry I can't be there to walk with you down that aisle. I don't know if you would want a small wedding or something large, but I hope you have something that makes you happy. More importantly, I hope the man you marry makes you happy.

You're a strong soul, Miles. Our situation has tempered and tested you, so I know you will choose the man truly worthy of your heart. Be brave, Miles, and love him well. Let him be the song that carries you through.

I love you.

Miles ran his fingers over her words. She knew before he did that he would love a man like Shawn, and he knew that she would have been happy for the both of them. His eyes glistened with emotion, and he rubbed his face.

"Well, mom... I'm getting married," he said quietly and kissed the journal. He carefully put it away and looked at his phone once more.

He frowned to see that Danny still hadn't read his message. He felt a wave of anxiety, thinking that something had gone wrong. It wouldn't be the first time something had fallen through with the wedding, and Scott and Danny scrambled to make it right without letting the grooms know.

He decided to look for him to ensure everything was alright. As he walked out of the room, he immediately found Danny with Rob and Courtney. They were speaking anxiously in hushed tones and looking around the corner.

Miles chuckled and snuck up behind them.

"Oh my god. How can they be so attractive?" Courtney asked.

"I knew they would be here, but somehow, I can't believe they are right there in front of me," Danny whispered excitedly.

Danny looked around the corner toward the small reception area. He immediately knew what they were discussing when he saw movie star Jaxon Reid and famous singer Alex Lee. Jaxon held their little girl in his arms and smiled fondly toward his husband. They were a picturesque family.

"Danny Mendez," Miles finally said, making the small group jump. "I thought you were going to meet me ten minutes ago."

Danny flushed, but his smile was bright. "You look amazing!"

Miles nervously ran his hand through his hair. "You think so?"

"Absolutely. Shawn's going to cry," Danny said with a laugh. 

Miles pulled him into a hug, kissing the top of his head. "You clean up good, too, kiddo."

Danny slapped his arm playfully. "I always look good."